free website stats program Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced?

A HD is overpriced a lot.
If you compare to Japanese bikes, these bikes are more reliable,
they use latest technology etc.
But riding a HD gives an internal emotion that is missing
at all other type of bikes and makes you forget the price.
btw, I am living in Europe, HDs are 50% more expensive here
than in the USA, riding a HD Dyna FXDX with a lot of pleasure,
my girlfriend rides a Sportster with even more.

greetings from Holland,
Gerrit

don't mean to be rude....but I've got to jump in here:

The UK is a GREAT place. My wife and I vacationed there for 2 weeks several years ago.

Edinburgh and the Highlands of Scotland were the most beautiful place I've ever been to in my life...and I've been to a lot of places.

My wife and I still talk about Edinburgh and the great people we met in that area.

Man.....I wish I was there again.

when ever i go i never want to come home specially from the highlands

Do you take the car/motorcycle or do you ride the train up there?

I ask, because we traveled by train when we were there and your train system is EXCELLENT. The trains always run on schedule and are very convenient for traveling the whole of the UK.

errrrmmmm you are talking about the same UK train system that i know aren't you - the one thats always late :D - cheaper to fly to Scotland than go by train currently.

When i do venture north i go by car as i have loads to carry -
Hiking gear - wet and really wet gear
MTB and spares
this year i intend to ride up there with a trailer tent on the back

WOW. That is strange.
We used the trains constantly for 2 weeks while there and had NO problems. We bought the Britrail pass and hopped the trains whenever we needed to.

The trains always ran right on time while we were there.
Has the service from the train system been declining over the last few years or has your experience with them always been bad?
I ask because I was really impressed with them while I was there.

So are the Harleys overpriced??:54:

bet you can't remeber at what point this thread was highjacked :s

Big Lou in Kuwait

Go shopping and you will find that the other brands are getting more expensive every year.
The bikes that have the same or bigger engine and try to copy the Harley come pretty close to the same price as HD.
If you figure out the resale value of the Harley you will find that the Harley is not a bad deal.
No matter how much they try and copy Harley they just can't copy that certain something that only a genuine Harley has.

When we are buying a Harley Davidson product we are buying assurance of quality, a great reputaion and pride for the rider. So even if it is overpriced you should be satisfied that you are purchasing a great product.

Surely you are joking here?

A good percentage of the HD parts come from overseas and they are not of great quality like they use to be years back. They cut corners like every other manufacturer and it's evident when you work on these bikes that there are many areas that could be improved for the benefit of the buyer. It's the bottom line and Harley's commitment to their share holders that keeps them from being a company that builds the best machine on the road.
I know myself that there are not many companies that would survive having no email address and the customer service is at the bottom of the lineup when they give you the rehearsed answers that they do.
Have you ever tried to contat them?
Be prepared to sit on hold for a while, a looooong while.
As far as customer service, if they relied on just that to stay in business, they would be long gone, the dealers themselves are included here too.

Last edited:
How can you place a price tag on the brotherhood that is "Harley"? Our motorcycles are an extension of US...each and every one of us. Admit it we are passionate about it and we wouldn't have it any other way....I love to RIDE...It is therapy. Even through all the shortcomings we all share a common bond. (must be the cold meds)my being philosophical.

Back