free website stats program Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced?

Reed,

Theres just something about old motorcycles that gets a bloke excited. A friend of mine suggested we look out for a restoration project ourselves. Foot clutch eh! you beauty!:16:

I don't think they r over priced. U get what u pay for, and guess what. I paid for a Harley and thats what I got. :)

Harley Davidson the last American Icon. pay alittle more for something on the homefront. Americans do not complain until it hits home. no you can not get a Harley at wal-mart but deep down everyone would have a Harley if they could. pay a little more and keep America going instead other places.

Harley Davidson is best. LIke all the bros on this thread have stated, you get what you pay for and when you buy a hawg you get a solid, well built, quality ride. They keep their resale value (not that I want to sell...) my deluxe handles like a frickin dream. Fat, low, well balanced just a joy to ride.
The only bitch I have is I want to keep my harley, harley. So when I add HD clip on windshield, clip on backrest, clip on saddle bags those parts are 'spensive... But they fit like a glove. I want to change my deluxe's stock handlebars to baby apes and change the cables to steelbraid. Up here in the great white north its about 700 - 800 bucks but the aftermarket shops aren't much cheaper. And the bars aren't HD nor are the steelbraids (so much for keepin my harley harley I know) ...... But hey after you've bought yer two four and the groceries, what else you gonna spend your hard earned bucks on.
Harley rules

granted they do cost a little more than jap, but steak costs more than rice too..
also at trade in time they hold a higer resale than the others

it depends what you mean by over priced i guess. people are willing to pay the prices they charge you can tell by the sales figures. when i bought my fat boy i used the argument that what i wanted was £12000 but in ten years time it wil be worth £9000 cost £3000 dragstar or kawasaki cost £7000 ten years time worth £1000 cost £6000. so over the long term it will be cheaper. merchandise i think is a bit steep but then again it is good quality and my wife tells me that the t shirts wash the best. and remember you dont just get a bike when you buy one you get all us nutters too what a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

overpriced?.... no more that any other "designer" merchandise. I just make sure that I check the clearence rank and table when I visit the local HD.

I personally don't think the Harley's are overpriced. In fact, the prices of Harley's in Canada has dropped recently.

yes... the clearence rack is really the normal price in any other store but, hey... couldn't pass up the leather jacket I found for $280, normally $450. And I just got a flier from H-D in Cartersville, GA advertising 20% discount on part and accessories.

Back