free website stats program Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Harley Davidson Bikes Overpriced?

Can you give me three days so I can grow some stubble and "tude" first? Then I'll be more prepared.

ROTFsidewaysfatX.gif

My son recently purchased an '06 883C . He wanted a "crotch-rocket" because he thought that was all he could afford. After pricing several different makes and models he wanted to go to the Harley shop. To make a long story short he was able to purchase his sporty (new) for around the same price as a Yamaha 650 , I forget the exact model. Anyway the resale value for sheet metal and steel ,chrome and iron will be much more than if he were to buy aluminum and molded plastic.:pelao

I could have bought a Honda for less, not much though. Lots of other choices that would have saved me bucks. But I would not have gotten the enjoyment out of riding the others. I feel like I got the most bang for the buck. I had a V-45 Sabre long time ago and it was fun.........but not as fun as my Deuce.

potatopotatopotato!!!!!!!!:s:s:s
boppityboppityboppity!!!!!!!!:s:s:s

:cool:
Snake, You said it! The price of a new Harley guarantees its resale value. The Motor Company would be devalueing its brand if Harleys were reduced in price...
Buying a Harley Davidson is is not like buying any other motorcycle.

Besides how mant times have you seen a nice Jap cruiser pull up & someone comment " Hey nice bike... is it a Harley"?

My Roadking cost me $33,000 before any of the accesories, but a I happy with it...:D :D :D

RK

Your Road King cost you $33,000? Where did you buy it Mars? Was that for a stock bike? You know you can get Road Kings in Tennessee for $18,500.00

On a 2nd note:

I used to get that all the time when I had my Honda Valkyire. "Hey nice bike, What kind of Harley is that?" I would say a flat 6 cylinder Harley then point to the Honda label on the side of the gas tank.
I ride a Heritage Softail Classic now that I did pay a lot for compared to my Honda but then I got a bike I like a lot more and that looks better and rides much better, so I got what I paid for.

Yep, I am in the U.S.A, Falkville, Alabama. I assumed the "$" meant U.S too but guess I should not have assumed. LOL

Man, you guys really love Harley-Davidson at those prices. I take my hat off to ya.

Last edited:
Hey Rumble...
Im talking $AU

Thats Australian dollars...

Aint the global village great!
The Australian/ US exchange rate is closing at the moment, last I looked we were at .90 cents US.

My mate bought a new 07 street Bob yesterday, it cost around $25,000 au.

Which makes me curious. If our $ is worth 90cents US, why the big price difference? Is it to do with the average weekly wage in the US? What is the average wage in the US?

RK

They maybe when comparing similar Japenese and German bikes, however the craftmenship is beyond compare, the documentary "Birth of the V-ROD" aired on Discovery some time ago is a testimony to the amount of effort and engineering applied to these machines. There simply is no comparison to other bikes in overall engieering-perfornance-resale value- and customer satisfaction, besides its nice to support a U.S. comapny - inspite the Porsche folks influence on the V-ROD project.

Carry-on!

I have a 1990 FLHS and just bought a 2008 Ultra Classic. It is definately the most I ever spent on a bike but I think it is by far worth the price. As the saying goes, "Quality is remembered long after price is forgot".

Back