free website stats program Is 58 too old to get in to biking? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 58 too old to get in to biking?

I'm 59 and have been riding over 40 years. If you are in good health go get
yourself trained and get your knees in the wind.

Turned 55 last October and bought my first bike, an '04 Softail Springer; plan on riding for a long, long time. As one of the previous posts noted, when you can't get on a bike it's time to stop riding. Otherwise, what's age alone got to do with anything?.............

Ride safe,

Steve

Hey,
Your a youngster at 58.Go out there, get a bike and enjoy it. 73 and just built one a couple of years ago. Dont ride like I used to, but still put on 2-3 thousand miles a year and love every minute of it.
Kit Custom

I just started riding last year at 48; but I feel a lot younger when I'm astride my ride. If you feel young enough to do it, then do it. I see a couple of guys in my area on a regular basis riding that are over 70.

HEY! This thread was started on my 58th birthday!!! I been riding none stop for 38 yrs. owned everthing from AMF's to ZRX's. I have 4 in the shop now, don't matter what you ride, just get out and do it, I did a xcross country at 56, enjoyed every mile, 750 per day.

So tell us, HOW's is the riding season going for ya?:cheers

I bought my first bike at 73, am now nearing 77 and am on second bike, a HD electra glide standard . Have put right at 37K miles on it since new. So, don't waste time, go for it!

donee2shu thats (edited) amazing.

I just hope I am still able to ride when I am your age.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way! I'll be 51 this year, I just recently bought a new bike after 15 years without one. Thought I outgrew it, I was wrong. I kick myself for waiting so long to get another.

Back