free website stats program Is 58 too old to get in to biking? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 58 too old to get in to biking?

I must say..My hats of to all of you guys and girls!!!
You have made me look forward to my elder years (38 now)
Glad to see you guys are not sitting on the couch watching Springer,The Today Show, Opra or sitting on the pourch watcing the grass grow!
God bless all of you!

59 here. I rode from Chicago to Tucson and back this spring on a Heritage. Take their advice and take a MSF course. Good Luck & have fun.

Ha! Bunch of old farts here.:) Just kidding, I'm 54 and my story is real close to some of these other guys. Go for it!

NO! I am 70 and ride with some who are 82. I do take the advanced riders course every year to see how I am doing. My wife who is 67 always rides with me 75% of the time.
Retro 08

I'm 57 this October and got back into riding last year. I can tell you from the bottom of my heart it is the best thing that has happened to me personally in decades?

My family notes that I look younger (yeah right!) I have more spring in my step, and I can't wait for the next nice day to take another adventure. I also am riding with my grown children and that has been a bonding experience that I cannot begin to explain.

I have a bad back and a bad knee. But every morning I spend 10 to 15 minutes doing special excercises...even splits so I can get the old leg over the saddle.

I ride every day I can 20 miles one way to work.

No, if you have your health and practice the safety that ABATE teaches, you'll find your heart in that new ride!!

Go for it and be safe....BJ

Last edited:
I was 60 when I took the NJ rider Ed course. I started riding a Honda Rebel the first year(2006)Last August I decided to give my husband's 2005 883L a try. This spring I sold the Rebel and never looked back! I'll be 63 in Sept. and am just getting started! So far this summer I've done 4 - 100 mile road rally and am looking forward to another one in September. Bid I mention I'm a grandmother? Your'never to old to start.

Back