free website stats program Is 58 too old to get in to biking? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 58 too old to get in to biking?

Ozoneman

I'm thinking about getting a Heritage Classic. I used to ride when I was much younger. I'm looking for something new to get in to and I'm wondering if I'm too old at 58 to start riding again. Do you guys know guys my age or older that ride?

I'm 45 and my hubby is 62 .... we both started riding a year ago and LOVE it! Nah, you are not too old . Go for it! :)

I'm thinking about getting a Heritage Classic. I used to ride when I was much younger. I'm looking for something new to get in to and I'm wondering if I'm too old at 58 to start riding again. Do you guys know guys my age or older that ride?

NEVER TO OLD TO START!!!! If you feel in your heart and your head that you can do this then BY GOD DO IT!!!! remember the feeling you got when you was riding!!! I have came across folks that are 60/65 years young and out "scootin away"!!!!
Take a "refresher course" before you head out if you think you should,but don't give up on the idea until you and only you can not ride!!!:s

Last edited:
Let me tell you something I have a friend who is 72 and another that is 69 my wife is 65 so put your knees in the breeze and get ya a scooter

I'm 56. Don't plan to quit riding until this old body makes me. Do yourself a favor and sign up for a riders course. It will be money well spent. Check with your Harley dealership about a package deal that includes the course.

Storm

I started riding and got my first bike last year when I was 52.
To be honest there are times when I have to make that monthly payment or have to spent $300 dollors for maintenance or what to add something to the bike that costs 2 or 3 hundred I think I maybe shouldn't have bought it. But when I'm riding I wish I would have bought it 30 years ago. If you feel you physically able and are still mentally alert enough to be aware of you are doing and what other around you are doing, do yourself a favor and take a riding course as soon as possible and get that bike. Take the advice of a friend of mine who almost died of a heart attack three years ago. you never know which day will be your last, so if there is something you want to do; do it now.

I am 45 and ride with friends that are in 50s 60s 70s they still ride well. They will make the trips to Daytona, Key West. Hell the one in his 70s left Georgia for Sturgis and didnt get home for three weeks left Sturgis and went north and came back down the East coast. These older riders always call on the younger rides wanting to know if we can go on these long trips but they forget we all still work.

i know several people older that ride... my suggestion is to take a class. it will help you determine if you're still into riding with the added benefit making yourself a little safer...

Back