free website stats program If you had one day? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

If you had one day?

I would also choose to ride with my sons. They both own FLSTF's, But we live too far apart to be able to ride together.

Who would you ride with? Boy that's a powerful question. My brother was killed by a hit and run driver when he was 17. I was 4 years older and his buddy. He loved what I loved and I know he'd love a ride on my Harley. I do know that when I do what I'll call the Final Stage on my Harley, it will have enough horsepower to take me to heaven and ride will him always.

I thought about this for a second, as most, my Dad is still my hero but he is slowing down alot, at 78 he's not in good health but my childhood couldn't have been any better, I have not one bad memory of my parents, my dad has spent nearly 50 years as a Bapist Preacher, so for my Dad and me if I had one day to ride with anyone that I could see and touch it would be Jesus, he rides with me always but not in the flesh, man I could just see my Dads face light up if I could say, guess who I rode with yesterday. :)

My father in law,he was a rider from way back. Lost him 18yrs. ago,still miss our conversations

Dont have a son,but working away a lot I've missed a big chunk of watching my beautiful daughter grow up,Shes 19 now,and I've missed her a lot.

Since you opened this door, I hope you won't mind some advice that comes straight from the heart.

DO NOT LET ANY MORE TIME GO BY.

Forget about how you got here, who was right, who was wrong, who made the separation happen, who is keeping it from ending.....

TAKE CONTROL.

Pick up that phone, or if possible go knock on that door, and of those just aren't options then pick up a pen and a piece of paper, and say the following:

"SON, I LOVE YOU."

(You HAVE to lead off with that.)

"I'm sorry that I let this happen."

(Even if YOU didn't.)

"I ask for your forgiveness."

(Even if you didn't do anything wrong.)

"Let me fix this. You don't have to do ANYTHING, Just give me a chance to make this right."

(Then, DO IT.)

I hope this advice doesn't offend you....if it sounds like I might have been where you are, well.......read what you want between these lines, but more importantly, think hard about my suggestion on where to start the healing.

Rich is so right here. As a father of two boys I have had my moments where I had to realize that above everything else my love for them is most important.
I have been in poor health lately with the possibility of riding on the road of eternity and feel that time waits for no one(hey that was an old Stones tune right?)anyway if it is my time to pass I will not leave this earth without the boys knowing that although they are grown men and like me and my father before me feel that we are a alpha male, to me they will always be the life that my wife and I created, little boys that I watched grow.Remember the gift of life that you felt as on the day he was born,and you held him in you hands, your pride that you felt as he lay there so helpless without you.Use this love to make things right.
And as far as the daughter goes......Well that would take writting a book.Yes she will always be daddy,s little girl!!!
Good luck to you. I pray that all will work out for the both of you.

Since you opened this door, I hope you won't mind some advice that comes straight from the heart.

DO NOT LET ANY MORE TIME GO BY.

Forget about how you got here, who was right, who was wrong, who made the separation happen, who is keeping it from ending.....

TAKE CONTROL.

Pick up that phone, or if possible go knock on that door, and of those just aren't options then pick up a pen and a piece of paper, and say the following:

"SON, I LOVE YOU."

(You HAVE to lead off with that.)

"I'm sorry that I let this happen."

(Even if YOU didn't.)

"I ask for your forgiveness."

(Even if you didn't do anything wrong.)

"Let me fix this. You don't have to do ANYTHING, Just give me a chance to make this right."

(Then, DO IT.)

I hope this advice doesn't offend you....if it sounds like I might have been where you are, well.......read what you want between these lines, but more importantly, think hard about my suggestion on where to start the healing.

Rich is so right here. As a father of two boys I have had my moments where I had to realize that above everything else my love for them is most important.
I have been in poor health lately with the possibility of riding on the road of eternity and feel that time waits for no one(hey that was an old Stones tune right?)anyway if it is my time to pass I will not leave this earth without the boys knowing that although they are grown men and like me and my father before me feel that we are a alpha male, to me they will always be the life that my wife and I created, little boys that I watched grow.Remember the gift of life that you felt as on the day he was born,and you held him in you hands, your pride that you felt as he lay there so helpless without you.Use this love to make things right.
And as far as the daughter goes......Well that would take writting a book.Yes she will always be daddy,s little girl!!!
Good luck to you. I pray that all will work out for the both of you.

Richard and Sharpscuba…those are some powerful statements.

Choosing who you would like to ride with means nothing if they won’t ride with you. I’ve seen some bridges burnt between friends and family for reasons that seemed so important at the time but were much less important than the friendship and love that was lost. Each of us have one shot at this life, each of us screw somethings up, some of us are never able to fix the screw ups for many reason……from false pride to lost opportunities.

Sharpscuba…wishing you the best on all health problems.

Scubie.....DITTO on that, Bro.
I will keep you in my prayers, but somehow I already have the feeling you have nothing to worry about as far as where you'll land once you DO make that final trip, so my prayers will only be that the trip is postponed as long as possible.

Thank you Rich..I have a few Bro's that have passed and if you are a card player and know anything about the game of sheepshead I have been telling my wife that the boys are calling me as they need a fifth player..LOL. I am going back in tomorrow for my second bypass in two months.Like you,Smitty and others, I have been blessed with the gift of life.Both of my son's have made me very proud and if it comes to me joining my bro's on the super hwy I will go knowing that they will live on and that the world is a better place with them in it.

sharpscuba

Good luck tomorrow with the procedure. Hope all turns out well for you and you have a quick and painless recovery.

Back