free website stats program How often do you change your oil and filter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How often do you change your oil and filter

I changed from syn3 to amsoil in the engine.. What is good for the trans? I have heard of using a fossil oil?????

Oil & Filter every 2500 miles.

The Owner's Manual for my 07 FLHRC says change engine oil every 5000 miles. For regular services (E.G. 10,000 miles) it goes to my local chopper shop.

For inbetween (2500 miles), I change the oil and filter in my garage. I have been using RevTech non-synthetic.

For my '08 Dyna (15,500mi) Mobil 1 for sure every 2500 (it'll be dirty) and Spectro GL5 for 6 speed for the trans comes highly recommended but I did not find that it was any quieter then Harley brand. Just turned 1000 on my new FLHRC, LOVE IT, can't afford the 1000mile dealer service (fixed income) yet and I don't want to park it, soooo.....thought I'd just do all the fluids myself right now and have the dealer do the rest when I get the $$$. I have heard from an "oldtimer" that Harley's new V-Twins can expect 150,000 mi + with regular service. That's what I'm talking about.

Back