free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

handles really good. Even steering with one hand. Tho grooved pavement will bring on a possible bowel movement, if your not paying attention. With no hands. It stays straight. Turns take a little gettin use to. But my speed in turns is better now. I had another follow me through turns and all. The suspension kept the wheels to the ground. Even in a tight turn that you would normally lean into. The wheels made no contact with the body's fenders.
I'll be tearing the front end apart soon. I need to add my new handlebars and cables. Im also going with progressive springs and changing out the fork tubes with 2 inch over stock. Im also adding fender skirts. I like my rides to be different. This winter I'll be painting the rest of it to match the original paint, with pin stripe. Im also adding a couple murals. The mural paint scheme will be " Where Eagles Gather"
Here's an example of my airbrush work. I'm no beginner at this.

4235_1091029353405_1156624144_30252641_4958693_n.jpg

zoood

Looks good, How does it handle?

Excellent!!! Glad to hear your hard work has paid dividends of a good ride, as well as good looks. I can't remember from your early posts...did you put the EZ-steer kit in the front or not?
That's some awesome airbrush work. I'm envious. Only thing I can draw is flies...and I gotta quit bathing regular to do that!!
I'll look forward to seeing the finished product.

yes, I've the EZ Steer 5.5 rake. Makes a world of difference.
I still have to add to the build site, but for now,... here's the build's link

NO MORE FRIED THIGHS!!!

Excellent!!! Glad to hear your hard work has paid dividends of a good ride, as well as good looks. I can't remember from your early posts...did you put the EZ-steer kit in the front or not?
That's some awesome airbrush work. I'm envious. Only thing I can draw is flies...and I gotta quit bathing regular to do that!!
I'll look forward to seeing the finished product.

Thank you,... sorry I havent posted for a while. Been very busy doing my manufacturing thing. I just got a new body shipped here. The body is the exact replica of the body I used on the trike. Im shortening the rolling (trailer) chassis I have here that the trike body originated from and the new body fits on the trailer chassis, perfectly. That's right. I'll be pulling a matching trailer! I had managed to obtain another set of 1937 ford tail lights. Eventually. Ill get hold of another ford bumper that I will be cutting down in size and welding back together to attach on the trailer. Just as I did with the trike. So, needless to say,... the build continues.

zoood

For some reason I have skipped over this thread. I just took the time today to read all 9 pages and also visited the build web site. Wow!!

Zoood, that is an awsome effort that you have done. The pleasure that you will get riding it will be 10 fold as it was done by your own hands.

:newsmile090:

Well, Im back and the fall is here. I'll soon start adding to my build link again.
I did find out however. That the body I chose for my trike build was actually made by a company that originally made 2 molds, male and female of HD's original servi-car body. With which they made fiber-glass replicas.

I added a Garmon Zumo GPS. Paid for it's self the first trip I did with it.
Bike wouldnt start right off after shutting her down for refueling. The volt meter showed 9.5 volts. I searched on the Zumo for nearest HD dealership. One was 3.1 miles from where I was. I would have never known that, not that quick anyways. The bike did start again and I arrived at the dealership with 8.5 volts showing. Phew,... down time 2 hrs while they replaced my voltage regulator!

7716_1161449033853_1156624144_30453435_1910136_n.jpg

Hooked up my trike trailer today. Added 1937 ford tail lights to it. Have to finish the wiring. A few other mods as well.

7716_1165568776844_1156624144_30463067_1334887_n.jpg

RJ

Looks great, and workmanship is no doubt impecable...that trailer outback rocks! :cheers

RJ thats i s one awesome looking trike, it does not look to bulky like the official HD one or Lehmans and the trailer really looks the part, awesome work:cheers

Thank you, here's some other views

7716_1165568856846_1156624144_30463068_371903_n.jpg

7716_1165568896847_1156624144_30463069_2355232_n.jpg

night001.jpg

RJ

Back