free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

Nice job!

TriLs

'09 Triglide, V&H Dresser slipons, SE Stage 1 A/C, bits o' glitz, and a few more to go!

Lookin good RJ!
Now when are you going to quit riding it long enough to finish the paint work??:D

Geeesh,.... are you jealous that I can ride longer than you. :lolrolling
When I lived up north. It was the norm to rebuild one's scoot in the winter. Down here. It's totally different. But I do plan on changing the engine and tranny out and painting the trike and trailer to match. I cant just jump in there and go at it. Every step has to be planned in sequence. On the lid on the trailer. I'm trying to make a special opening on it. That would allow the 2 halves to open from the center and slide out of sight under the lid on each side. It will have to lock when the hatch is closed and also be water tight. The reason for this. My black lab use to always ride with me and now that he's too big. He'll ride in the trailer. The trike trailer will also have to be repainted black. I ordered it that color. Thinking I wouldnt have to paint it. But it doesnt match the EGC's OEM paint color. Besides this,... as I'm continuing this build. I'm also learning new needs for the trike. As in new products that I can possibly have on the open market. Hopefully before any competitors.

RJ/zoood

Lookin good RJ!
Now when are you going to quit riding it long enough to finish the paint work??:D

I've read your threads with great interest and learned a lot about box construction. My project is rather unusual and constructing a body is essential to putting it all together. I'm still looking at fiberglass vs metal.
Thanks Much.
mj

Wow...very impressed with your work and creativity....I can only hope to attain a portion of what you've figured out....a trike is on my eventual "to-do" list down the road....think it would be a fun albeit stressfull endeavor....and I've always liked the looks of a trike....

I've read your threads with great interest and learned a lot about box construction. My project is rather unusual and constructing a body is essential to putting it all together. I'm still looking at fiberglass vs metal.
Thanks Much.
mj

Why dont you combine the two?

The trailer needed more tongue weight. The cargo area of the trailer was past the center of the axle to the rear. Reducing the required tongue weight.

7716_1165568776844_1156624144_30463067_1334887_n.jpg

The original length of the trailer to the tongue was reduced by 14.5 inches. I then built a cooler rack, just in front of the trailer body. This will hold a Coleman Cooler that will be bolted down to the rack's surface, The holes for the securing bolts will be sealed for prevention of leakage.

15737_1181209927863_1156624144_30502924_1238937_n.jpg

The cooler's inside base will have water sealed freezer bags. When the food or drinks are gone and the bags melt. Their weight will remain. Providing the required tongue weight throughout the trip.

15737_1181209847861_1156624144_30502922_8103461_n.jpg

I had raised the cooler rack by 4 inches. This will ensure the required clearance needed to clear the trike's rear bumper. When doing tight turned back-ups.

7716_1165568896847_1156624144_30463069_2355232_n.jpg

The wiring for the trailer is just about completed.
There is also added lighting on the inside of the trailer.

zooood/RJ

The build continues

Looking real good. Lots of things that we take for granted have to be tested when you build it yourself for clearances.

Back