free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

Looking real good. Lots of things that we take for granted have to be tested when you build it yourself for clearances.

Thank you and yes I know about having to check everything at every view and or angle before welding it together.

< graduated the School of Hard Knocks

Are you considering making these for customers or just this one for yourself?

Im kicking it around, that is,... building complete trikes and even the trailers. Ive already talked with the designer/ owner of DFT trikes.

But it all depends on how busy I get again with the other products Im making now. Ive 5 riders that want me to build trikes for them so far.

Real soon I'll have pictures of the new Ultima 113 engine I'm presently installing in my trike. Fits in the frame perfectly! man what a difference in looks! Soon afterwards,... I'll finish the paint job on the body to match the rest of the trike. I had to purchase pin-striping masking tape. I had no luck in finding a color matching pin-striping film tape. I'll have to airbrush the colors in and then clear over it.

zoood

It's getting there. I may have located a pin striping artist that knew from before. I'll see if I can get him here to pin strip while I have the trike masked off. Hopefully next week. I had to stop work on the trike. I got flooded with orders for the product. but I'll be back to work on it tomorrow.

hey zoood looking forward to seeing the finished trike specially with the 113 in it :D

Here's my Trike build - Tail Light Visibility

After talking with a few others that I have ridden with. In the day light hours. The visibility of my tail lights. When the sun shined on the lenses, were very hard to see. Since my trike isn't the Tri-Glide and is custom built by myself. I found that instead of just adding a possible after market fix. I added the eye brow shades that HD sells for the front turn signals to my tail lights. I have 1937 Ford tail lights and the application was pretty easy and looks just fine.

29057_1333442013570_1156624144_30822948_7762380_n.jpg

I had also managed to install the 113 Ultima engine in my trike. I'm still breaking it in and after I have 2500 miles on the engine. It will be then that I'll finish the paint job.

29057_1333441893567_1156624144_30822945_7137335_n.jpg

This engine has awesome POWER!

zoood

Back