free website stats program Heel Shifter Fell Off | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel Shifter Fell Off

What part is vibrating? Is it the shaft or the lever itself? Loose shift linkage joints in the shift lever?

Thanks guys. The local dealer did replace it. I called the service manager today and he asked me to call the Customer Service @414-343-4056. I did just that and the man that I spoke to asked me all about it and who I had spoken with at the dealership. He then put me on hold and called the service manager. When he came back to me he said "I have spoken with your dealer and they will take care of it. I took it in and they replaced it with a smile.:bigsmiley13:

Way to go. It's too bad that we have to go through this to get the dealer to stand behind a problem.

Way to go. It's too bad that we have to go through this to get the dealer to stand behind a problem.

I don't know much about this kind of thing but Maybe the dealer has seen it a hundred times and is getting sick of paying for something that HD knows is a problem?

Seems weird the service Mgr. would tell you to call customer service knowing he would get a call from them on the matter, then turn around and fix it?

The dealer mad their $3-4K on your bike and if he expresses his dissatisfaction on fixing an issue that many have experienced, I would look for a better dealer myself. There are some out there.

I don't know much about this kind of thing but Maybe the dealer has seen it a hundred times and is getting sick of paying for something that HD knows is a problem?

Seems weird the service Mgr. would tell you to call customer service knowing he would get a call from them on the matter, then turn around and fix it?

Probably because for sure the moco is going to pay now instead of stiff the dealer..

I do a lot of warranty work for the company i work for and its a known fact they boot back 50% of the claims trying to get out of paying for the job claiming wrong serial # etc but you resubmit with same info they will pay 2nd or 3rd time

Glider, the part that's vibrating is the shift lever itself, not the shaft. The toe shifter is fine...I think if it was the shaft ,the heel AND toe shift levers would vibrate. Thanks for any ideas...

What you can do if the splines are OK on the lever and shaft is to run a thin file or even emery paper through the slot where the mount bolt goes through to pinch it. That will close the clamp action up more on the shaft.

The dealer mad their $3-4K on your bike and if he expresses his dissatisfaction on fixing an issue that many have experienced, I would look for a better dealer myself. There are some out there.

The dealer that is local to me is not the dealer that I bought from (this may be part of my problem). Another dealer gave me $2000 more for my trade than the locals would do. We had a good understanding about it. The dealership had just been bought out and the manager said it was not a good time to purchase. The new people were being very conservative! They did ask me to please bring the bike to them for all of my needs, and I have spent over $3000 on upgrades with the local store. They should really love me I would think.:D

Back