free website stats program Heel Shifter Fell Off | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel Shifter Fell Off

Bud, you are bad...how could you say that about one of the best selling domestic trucks in the U.S. of A.? Must not have any blue ovals in your future...! :lolrolling

Last edited:
Bud, you are bad...how could you say that about one of the best selling domestic trunks in the U.S. of A.? Must not have any blue ovals in your future...! :lolrolling

i drive a ford van every day .. not by choice .. and my ford today let me walk home having to leave the dog in it as i didnt have collar or leash to wake up the old lady to drive back to get it and tow it home in 30 degree weather .. what were we talking about again ?

The same thing happened to me just after I brought mine in for the 1,000 mile service. They thought I might have done something to cause it; they fixed it and that was that(I picked it up off the road).
I can't see how they can tell you that(not on a new bike).I really think if you call Harley (if you have to go that far), they should get the dealership to make it right.
Like glider said, tell them they'll lose a customer if they don't do the right thing. GOOD LUCK!

Fact of the matter is that this has happened to quite a few so someone isn't checking things over.

A drop of the blue locktite will help here once it's tightened up being it takes a thrashing. I've also seen some guys kicking the shifter pegs on these bikes like they were shifting a piece of heavy equipment. The key is to use your foot to engage the mechanism , not stomp it into place.

Fact of the matter is that this has happened to quite a few so someone isn't checking things over.

A drop of the blue locktite will help here once it's tightened up being it takes a thrashing. I've also seen some guys kicking the shifter pegs on these bikes like they were shifting a piece of heavy equipment. The key is to use your foot to engage the mechanism , not stomp it into place.

Ive see a few guys stomp that rear shifter as you said.. i could never get used to it

I have 2 in the garage if anyone needs one. Pay shipping and they're yours. Too many years toe shifting...cant use the heal.

I removed my heel shifter too. I liked having it there for shifting purposes but I like the extra room to move my foot around even more!

I would insist that the dealer take care of the problem but until then ride the bike without the rear shifter you may enjoy the extra room you have . Taking the heel shifter off was one of the first thing I did :bigsmiley8:

My heel shifter shakes/vibrates to no end. It hasn't fallen off, as I constantly check the set screw to make sure I don't lose it. I've tried repositioning it on the shaft, but it still vibrates. Any suggestions?

Back