free website stats program Harley Dealers going down. | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers going down.

must remember it`s the greedy share holders that dictate if a company survives.

I buy Local in most everything I can ,when it comes to my HD Local dealer if I do pay 50 cents or a dollar more on a 10 dollar parts so what.
if I payed a couple hundred more on my new bike so what the service is worth it,

I agree with what you say Smitty but I have 2 hypothetical questions.

1) If that 5% or 10% was Really 31% with almost all parts and 37% with a few common parts, would you change where and who you buy your parts from.?

2) If the couple of hundred bucks really amounted to $900 would you change dealerships to buy your bike.

What I am thinking is everyone has a magic number or percent when they will stray from their local dealership. For me it is 31% on parts and almost a thousand on a 15K bike. If I was loaded I would just pay the man and be done with it. But that's the problem, I am not loaded.

When I TRIED to purchase my bike from my local dealership, they treated me like I was dog food,, but they had the bike I wanted. They let me walk from a GREAT offer I made to them. I then went to the dealership in the next town (50 miles) and they said SURE and had the bike sent to them from dealership #1 and I purchased it from them.

Someone explain to me how the first dealership could not "do the deal", but the second dealership could trade bikes (added cost I am sure) and put the deal together.

I buy Local in most everything I can ,when it comes to my HD Local dealer if I do pay 50 cents or a dollar more on a 10 dollar parts so what.
if I payed a couple hundred more on my new bike so what the service is worth it,

1) If that 5% or 10% was Really 31% with almost all parts and 37% with a few common parts, would you change where and who you buy your parts from.?

2) If the couple of hundred bucks really amounted to $900 would you change dealerships to buy your bike.

What I am thinking is everyone has a magic number or percent when they will stray from their local dealership. For me it is 31% on parts and almost a thousand on a 15K bike. If I was loaded I would just pay the man and be done with it. But that's the problem, I am not loaded.

When I TRIED to purchase my bike from my local dealership, they treated me like I was dog food,, but they had the bike I wanted. They let me walk from a GREAT offer I made to them. I then went to the dealership in the next town (50 miles) and they said SURE and had the bike sent to them from dealership #1 and I purchased it from them.

Someone explain to me how the first dealership could not "do the deal", but the second dealership could trade bikes (added cost I am sure) and put the deal together.[/QUOTE]

Hoop it happens all the time dealers network but Greed is the bottom line, they trade bikes and other stock at cost just like car dealers do:s

Jack I understand but,,

I always try to support the Mom & Pop local shops. Of course I do. But when the Mom & Pop treats me like I don't know better or it's "their way or the Highway", then it's Good-by. I will try to find somewhere else to shop.

I always said it was a property of simple Physics. Water seeks it's own level. That is the bottom line.

Jack I understand but,,

I always try to support the Mom & Pop local shops. Of course I do. But when the Mom & Pop treats me like I don't know better or it's "their way or the Highway", then it's Good-by. I will try to find somewhere else to shop.

I always said it was a property of simple Physics. Water seeks it's own level. That is the bottom line.

Dont get me wrong I too try to buy locally, but deal or no deal its attitude and price that will seal the deal. I have been in local shops with great prices and noses too high in the air for me, guess my money was the wrong color LOL:s

Someone explain to me how the first dealership could not "do the deal", but the second dealership could trade bikes (added cost I am sure) and put the deal together.

I agree with what youre saying Hoople.I went through a similar situation when buying my streetglide.My dealer located my bike and got it from another dealer, then sold it to me cheeper than that dealer would sell it to me.

In my case it was explained to me as an inventory issue.Any good dealer wants a selection of various models that appeal to various buyers.They also know what new inventory is coming in from the moco.

In my case, the dealer I use (and wanted to purchase from) only had 1 streetglide in stock and 2 slated to arrive in coming months.Yet they had multiple buyers interested in that 1 bike, so they werent about to lower the price.They did have 4 roadkings that they would have haggled on because they knew they had more on the way and no buyers lined up.

In the end they found a dealer with multiple streetglides and a shortage of roadkings and traded for my bike.I think inventory has more to do with what bikes they will haggle on more than anything else.

Dont blame you 1 bit for getting a better deal.Its likely the dealer you bought from,traded a bike that the other dealer already had sold.In effect they sold your bike to the dealer, and got a bike they had a perspective buyer for back in return.A 2 for 1 if you will.

Got to add this to my story.

I get the bike (exact VIN number) that Dealership #1 would not sell me. Because this dealership is only a few miles from me, I ride up (after getting New Bike) to look around for a new chain wallet. The sales guys are taking a cigarette break out front the showroom when I pull up. The salesman who let me walk could burn a hole through 1/2" plate steel with the stare he gave me.

Should I feel bad.? I did for a while but he no longer works there..:p I never could understand a business card that has a place for the salesman to WRITE in his own name. That does not give me a good feeling.

Got to add this to my story.

I get the bike (exact VIN number) that Dealership #1 would not sell me. Because this dealership is only a few miles from me, I ride up (after getting New Bike) to look around for a new chain wallet. The sales guys are taking a cigarette break out front the showroom when I pull up. The salesman who let me walk could burn a hole through 1/2" plate steel with the stare he gave me.

Should I feel bad.? I did for a while but he no longer works there..:p I never could understand a business card that has a place for the salesman to WRITE in his own name. That does not give me a good feeling.

Wow, not even a genuine card its funny I was told the salesman make 500.00 per new bikes and 250.00 per used bikes, why would they walk a customer other than greed for the Stealer?

Probably like YardWork said,,, Inventory. I must admit my FXDL was the nicest
bike they had in the building!:D

HMMMM, yeah, they all do that LOL. all still sitting on a lot of bikes they must sell or trade to other stealers so they can get there new allotment from the MOCO, now it adds up, but still no reason to walk a customer bad business mistake IMO, I would not go back:s

Back