free website stats program Harley Dealers going down. | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers going down.

I believe its the sign of the times. Car dealers, retailers, motorcycle dealers and etc all seem to be folding. The Harley dealership in New Port Richey was feeling the lack of sales and there were less employees working there. Harley Davidson like many other major companies is weeding out under performing dealerships. If I ever visit Port Richey, that dealership on 54 could one day be gone.

Jim is correct...they are closing officially on September 30. I was kinda thinking about stopping by and just say hello...I really enjoyed stopping there on my way up the 101...:(

Like I have said before, friendships if not constantly "stirred" can fall away. Every friend we meet is part of our treasure chest of life.:)

I talked to my old salesman@ Twin Cities HD South in MN. today, they have cut the pay of the sales people, not a good sign He was the # 1 sales guy in the nation last year and now his pay is cut in half

Gilberts H/D in Port Huron Michigan are shutting the doors shortly. Larry says that the service shop will stay open but the show room is closing.
kemo

I remember when the economy cracked in the fall of 2008. They said the "R" word and it was going to be a long one. It's been 2 years and no end in sight. It's not just HD......the majority of bikes makes, boats, anything retail is having a tough go at it. What's suprising is new list pricing hasn't adjusted down to move product. But, the used market pricing sure has. At least in the areas I've been looking........

Wish I had some cash....:D

Drove by HD dealer near Oshkosh WI, looked closed. Four Winns boat manufacturer 30 years went down a couple of years ago. Not good for the small town of cadilac MI.

I took a ride to my local dealer in Edison NJ...pulled up and saw the lights off, bikes still in the showroom. Then I see a guy hop in a big box truck, so I ask him, he, you guys closed up for the day? His reply: Nope, we're closed up for good! He had just gotten the call from headquarters the night before.
I got a letter in the mail saying that all services will be transferred to Liberty Harley in Rahway.
Stinks.

Back