free website stats program Harley Dealers going down. | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers going down.

with dealers closing that fast their is more than just the customers bikes at stake. when a local car went under years ago the tech`s had to wait 6 weeks to get their tool boxes out , that was only after going to court , the big problem there was they had to prove ownership. Most of the techs had the recipts but they were in the tool boxes. big court battle to get boxes & back pay. corprate office just closed them. strange thing was the dealer I was at ,at the time , we heard the rumurs & they didn`t know. It`s not always head office that has a choice . must remember it`s the greedy share holders that dictate if a company survives.

only positive note here is it wasn't the moco forcing the hand of the independent owner, like we have seen with the car dealerships. still feel bad for all involved.

From what i understand, anybody with a bike there getting serviced can go there after 10am tomorrow and get it.

Lew,
I was at my condo in Ocean City when all this started last night, and literally couldn't sleep thinking about the whole situation.
So this morning, rather than spend the day in OC with Cat and my little guy, we took off for home so as to pursue the scoot I had at Millville HD.

I actually did think about posting a thread with a plea for help from a member in the area who might have a trailer, (none of my buds have one), but figured even if someone did I wouldn't be able to co-ordinate in time. So I got a local business owner to open up and rent me a moving truck with a ramp for a couple hours, (Thanks Al!) and my great buddy Nick (thanks Nick!) and I rescued the FXRT.

This experience has taught us all something though! We need to do something similar to our "Scam Buster" team, and put together a list of members who are willing and able to come to each other's rescue in the event of a "stranding". That doesn't ALWAYS require a trailer, although it sure will much of the time. But, for example, if a local member needs a helping hand with tools, I have a LOT at my disposal, so I can offer that if needed in an emergency. Perhaps other guys, like you, can be available for a trailer ride if needed. Naturally this would be subject to availability and no member would EVER have to "commit" to always being able to help. But I do appreciate your offer, and it's nice to know I have a fellow biker out there who was willing to step right to the plate for me! Thanks so much for that kindness!

As to the story behine the story, I'll start another thread to discuss that as soon as I am able, hopefully tonight!
Hey RichardS, I too am truly sorry to hear about your Dealership closing. Good news about getting your bike back tho !!! Good idea about us riders "banding together" to help each other out if and when we can. I have an enclosed trailer and a large open landscaping trailer, and if any one in my area needs help,I 'll be glad to do what I can.I live in Georgetown,Delaware, just off Rt. 18, that joins into 404.And also just a few miles from Rt. 113 that runs into Rt. 1 North & South and also into Rt.50 East & West.I also have a real good close friend and riding buddy that lives close by and works on Harleys out of a shop in his backyard. He used to be a H-D mechanic and opened up his own shop at his home(complete with hydraulic lifts and stuff). Ever in need and in my area, send me a PM, and I will send you my phone number. Also, by the way, that 2007 H-D Heritage Softail I mentioned earlier that I had to go -2- states away to find and paid $20K cash for, wasn't too far from you maybe .......Barb's H-D.... in NJ.And they delivered right to my driveway in Georgetown, Delaware !!!! Anyway, "RIDE SAFE" .....later, Hi-Tek Rednek

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking over this thread, sounds like a Self Help Tip with spreadsheet showing the potential help sites by state would be helpful. Just a thought about organizing so HDT members would have a focal point...

Looking over this thread, sounds like a Self Help Tip with spreadsheet showing the potential help sites by state would be helpful. Just a thought about organizing so HDT members would have a focal point...
That sounds like a good direction to shoot for HD74FAN ! Now.....who out there in HD Talking Forum Land has "spread sheet " expertise ?? Speaking for myself, I still have to do the " 2 finger/ hunt & peck " typing method !!! SOOoooo.....so much for my computer expertise ! Lol . ........Hi-Tek Rednek

I was talking to someone over at Mills HD in Burlington New Jersey and they indicated that the shop will be closing by the end of July. Apparently the employees found out today :(

Another NJ Dealer going down??? I heard the other day that Mills H-D in Burlington, NJ was closing July 31. Anybody else hear anything about this?

Back