free website stats program Harley Dealers going down. | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers going down.

rklew

I was at my local Harley dealer today in Wildwood NJ, and HD has closed them down, also there sister shop 50 miles away. They told me that HD is closing dealers all across the US, they were in shock, they just got the word yesterday afternoon. Man, they are only 10 minutes from my house, and now I have to go 65 miles to a dealer. I feel sorry for all the folks that work there, they are a great bunch. The dealer was very, very busy 8 months a year, it would take 4 or 5 days to get in for any service. I know this is the North East and dealers are slow in the winter, but hey, that's all dealers in the North East. It's a sad day and I will miss all the great folks there and the party's/rally's the dealer had. They even had free hotdogs, hamburgers & soda, plus 40% off today to honor their customers. You could walk into this dealer and everyone would know you by name. Sad, very sad. :( :( :(

Reggie Pink in Yonkers NY closed it's doors too after moving across the street from where they had been for many generations to open a big boutique store. They couldn't make it and HD came and picked up all the bikes.

Reggie Pink in Yonkers NY closed it's doors too after moving across the street from where they had been for many generations to open a big boutique store. They couldn't make it and HD came and picked up all the bikes.
glider, these 2 shops did not want to close, HD closed them down.

All of which says to us owners and enthusiasts...much as we may have disagreements about good and bad ones...if you do not at least give the good local ones your business, you are doing all HD owners a bit of a disservice as well.

Even if it means going into the local HD store and pay a bit more than online, I choose to for that reason. It is a very sad day if an HD dealer is doing everything right, but still gets involuntarily closed down due to lack of "performance"...be it moving bikes, servicing them or add on sales.

It's not just HD dealerships. there's a road by me that for as long as I can remember up untill about 2 years ago had 12 car dealers, Now there are only 4or 5.

All of which says to us owners and enthusiasts...much as we may have disagreements about good and bad ones...if you do not at least give the good local ones your business, you are doing all HD owners a bit of a disservice as well.

Even if it means going into the local HD store and pay a bit more than online, I choose to for that reason. It is a very sad day if an HD dealer is doing everything right, but still gets involuntarily closed down due to lack of "performance"...be it moving bikes, servicing them or add on sales.

Agreed. BUT, it should also mean all those dealers that treated people poorly (and I have winessed more than one) better wake up and earn the business as well. As an example, I will never step foot in the dealership in Casper Wyoming for nothing. One stop there while on the road was enough for me.

Ouch Glider, you don't wield a sword...you use a light sabre...whom-whom!:newsmile100:

Hey Glider ! Really glad to see your still active on the Forum ! Long time.....no talk to ! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things again. Been busy remodeling house;got married; moving and shifting & selling furniture and stuff , etc;etc; blah,blah,blah !!! Anyway, I just signed back in and came across this post.Thought I'd add my 2-3 cents ! I know how some of you feel about shops closing down, but as for me and the way I see it,the economy and the middle income citizens of the good ol USA, have had enough of these "outrageously priced" bikes and cars/suv's/trucks and have finally decided....."we ain't paying it anymore". yeah....it's a shame to see Dealerships close and people lose their jobs, BUT..... I know I for one haven't seen Harley Davidson reduce any bike prices or any Dealerships come down on any service prices or parts prices. SOOoooo.......this is what they get. They've caused their own "demise" as far as I'm concerned.If they had bothered to try "any" of those attempts to aid and possibly entice the average consumer, then maybe they wouldn't be shutting down Dealerships and losing sales ! Just my opinion ! Trust me, I love my Heritage Softail, and I'm not even close to being mechanically inclined or gifted, and I know I'll be needing a good Harley mechanic every now and then.I'll just have to ride it out just like the rest of you. BUT....Harley Davidson has done this to themselves ! Ride safe everybody ,:USA Later, Hi-Tek Rednek

the good ol USA, have had enough of these "outrageously priced" bikes and cars/suv's/trucks and have finally decided....."we ain't paying it anymore". yeah....it's a shame to see Dealerships close and people lose their jobs, BUT

Question. Do you honestly believe the price asked for owning a Harley is just marked up and plain "outragous" and the extra profits are not going back into the company in the form of Research & Development, introducing New Models, spare parts availability for bikes that are beyond 10 years old which keeps the price of your used bike higher, an incredible warranty period that covers problems they probably should not... and the list goes on.

I really believe if Harley slashed their prices, the quality you now see would fall. Things like, "I can't find the part I need. Their always Backorder" "The warranty would not cover this because I modified my bike" "What No more DEMO rides during Bike week!" "They know this is a problem, why don't they fix it!"
"My trade is is worth nothing because they can't fix it anymore and I can't get parts" and the list goes on.

Back