free website stats program H-D Factory Security System Install | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Factory Security System Install

The siren battery charges from the bikes system and has no connection to the lights. They work off the bikes battery.

Thanks,I'm starting to believe you do know it all....I'll let you know how the siren swap goes, but it will probably be a couple of weeks unless we change our plans, that happens you know.

I have just installed the HD security system and smart siren II on my 08 heritage. I am having 2 problems.

1. I have a bracket to mount the hands free antenna but cannot figure out what this litlle plastic bracket attaches to or where. Otherwise, I need to know where to locate the hands free antenna. The instructions that come with the security system make no mention of where to mount the antenna.

2. My bike does not seem to regonize the secuity system or the smart siren II. It starts with or without the handsfree FOB

I performed the procedure to marry the TCM to the ECM and that worked. Any help would really appreciated.

I haven't seen a clip for the antenna, they are usually just lying along the wires in the harness. If you strap them down the range will be effected.

Have you changed the TSM to a TSSM for the security system and then installed the alarm system?

If you performed the marrying process and it still doesn't work,you realize I hope that the FOB has to be a distance away from the bike for it to arm. Many have had problems adding the system to bikes and usually it's a step that was not performed properly when the installation was done.

There's also a time limit for the system to arm when you turn off the bike.

I did away with the plastic clip and ran the antenna along the wiring harness under the seat. I have installed the TSSM and successfully married the TSSM to the ECM ( at least the bike starts now). The bike acts like there has never been a security system installed. I have also setup the 5 digit manual code. I took the FOB to my basement and the bike still acts like there is no security system installed. I am completely baffled. This does not seem that difficult from the instruction. Plug and Play is what it appears but I am obviously missing something. I also installed the Smart Siren II and it also acts if it doesn't exist. When I try to encode the pager, it fails.

I don't know if this was accurate info we got or not, but I'll post it anyway. When we got my husband's security system, we were told that it had to be programmed at the dealer since his was fuel injected. (04 electra glide). When I asked if I could install mine when we got it with out going to the dealer since my was not fuel injected, we were told we could. Even with my struggles, it did work okay. :dknow Hope it helps. That might be verified by calling the dealer.

I did away with the plastic clip and ran the antenna along the wiring harness under the seat. I have installed the TSSM and successfully married the TSSM to the ECM ( at least the bike starts now). The bike acts like there has never been a security system installed. I have also setup the 5 digit manual code. I took the FOB to my basement and the bike still acts like there is no security system installed. I am completely baffled. This does not seem that difficult from the instruction. Plug and Play is what it appears but I am obviously missing something. I also installed the Smart Siren II and it also acts if it doesn't exist. When I try to encode the pager, it fails.

Your bike being an 08 which I missed , I believe the problem here is the hands free FOB has to be programmed by the dealer to operate. There is no procedure like the button type FOB for yours to program it to the TSSM.

Take a look here.

http://www.box.net/shared/54jqbq5tgg

You are on the money again Mr. Data. It took me a while to get the bike over to the dealer but they had to enter the serial number in, to activate the FOB. Not sure if all dealers do this but mine did not charge me for it.

I think they should do it as a courtesy but not all the dealers think this way.:D

Glad you got it up and running.

Back