free website stats program H-D Factory Security System Install | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Factory Security System Install

Joy

Haven't forgotten you here, I had one rep tell me there is no silent arming but I don't buy it. I will see another on Friday and let you know.

Joy

Haven't forgotten you here, I had one rep tell me there is no silent arming but I don't buy it. I will see another on Friday and let you know.
Thanks, no rush......I'm already light years from where I was last weekend. ;) Besides, you seem to be a very busy man sharing your wealth of information. My bike runs, and the siren goes off when you mess with it. No worries.

OK Joy

I finally got some input on the alarm and it seems from the looks of things that the chirp/no chirp feature isn't a feature on the button type alarm but IS on the hands free fob.(Still don't believe this)
Here's all the latest info I got on it and you can review it yourself to see if I missed something.

http://www.box.net/shared/hhvcnve048

Joy

I have checked some more and it doesn't look like the chirp/no chirp is an option on the button type fobs. I have exhausted every connection that I have about this issue and this is the way it looks. I guess you'll have to live with the chirp.

Joy

I have checked some more and it doesn't look like the chirp/no chirp is an option on the button type fobs. I have exhausted every connection that I have about this issue and this is the way it looks. I guess you'll have to live with the chirp.
Mr. G, Thanks so much for your efforts. I really appreciate everything. I'm kind of with you on the still not convinced part. Here's why, we put a security system on my husbands bike after we got it, and his does chirp. He has the button fob too. The difference is, we paid a local dealer to install it, (after several hours of putting it in, and taking it out because the bike wouldn't run.......) But, I'm okay with that, (not chirping), I'm planning on going back to WV this weekend and visit my father and do some work for him, and hopefully get him feeling good enough to go pick up the 41 chevy he just got, (poor guys been feeling too bad to do that, now that is sick)

I'll stop by our buddies who usually do the maintenance on our bikes and ask them if they know of anything different and let you know if I find out any thing else. I've been pretty busy this week and now I'm kind of fighting off a case of the flu or something......

Hey there Mr. Data, I bet you are wishing I would just drop this whole deal by this point........But, I don't like to get beat by this kind of thing, I read the last bit of info you sent, and I still think the siren has a chirp feature that I can't seem to activate. I followed the instructions on page 4 at the top, and I guess I'm not holding my tongue the right way, but I can't seem to get it.
so I talked to a local dealer, who was good to help BTW, and told them what was going on. They had me go through the steps with them on the phone, and seem to think I'm doing things correctly, and they think I might have a bad siren. Go figure. I'm not sure about that either though, and it puzzled them too, since it will go off and everything. Some day when the weather is better, I'll take it down to them and let them check it out and do what ever....But, until then, the bike runs, and has a security system so I'm okay with that. Thanks for all the help here, and for the record, I've learned more about the bikes in the last week than I ever thought I would know.....Thanks again.:s

P.S. I'm still not done, if I get the chance, I'll keep fooling with that @#$@#$# thing and let you know when I get it right!

Please do let me know. I am still not finished here either. I had an 03 and it had the factory system and it chirped and for the life of me, I seem to remember that it was programmable too as far as chirp/no chirp.

Don't overlook the possibility of something with the TSSM either.

What you are saying is that you have NO chirp, correct?

Not defeated yet, just slowed down.:D

(What you are saying is that you have NO chirp, correct?)

Yup, I'll give you a quick overview:

The alarm works, arms, disarms and flashes lights. If it is armed and you move the bike and all, it gives the warning siren, if you continue after the warning, the thing goes off completely. I'm sure the neighbors are wondering what I am doing....
I just can't seem to program it to chirp. The dealer I talked to yesterday said that the instructions for programing the chirp/no chirp that you found last should work....they just helped over the phone, with better weather, I may run down there. They also said that the system we put on my husbands bike would be the same, and his chirps. But, his was also installed by a dealer. Maybe that's the deal, has to have the fancy computer.....

But, for the most part, I'm happy, the bike runs, and I still have the security system. I'm willing to rest a while and see what comes by the wayside, I'm sure we will stumble onto the answer sooner or later.

Thought about it, haven't done that yet. (I think I have to take the saddle bag off his bike to do that, I remember one piece going under the seat, and the other one behind the saddlebag somewhere, EGC). I did go on another suggestion and change the battery in the siren, JIC, all that did was make the lights flash brighter.....I'll keep you posted for when I make the siren swap, I'm pretty sure it won't be for a couple of weeks, we're planning on going to WV this weekend.

Back