free website stats program H-D Factory Security System Install | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Factory Security System Install

glider.

BOT Machine
A Quick Install run down...

The cables are plug and play and keyed so you really have to work at it to mess it up.

The security system will not arm until the dealer programs the serial number of the FOB into the computer.

1. Remove seat and disconnect battery ground.

2. Remove TSM module and replace with TSSM module (under seat aft of battery)

3. (Optional) Remove right side ECM cover and install Smart Siren II behind ECM mounting bracket

4. Reconnect battery

5. Program the unit as per supplied instructions

6. Follow "password learn" procedure from self help forum here or the HD Electrical Diag Manual. (takes 30 minutes)

Marrying NEW TSM/TSSM To Bike (password relearn)

7. Follow "clearing error code" from self help forum section here or in the HD Electrical Diag Manual

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation

The alternative is to pay the dealer to run Diagnostic Technician software to marry new TSSM to ECM and clear error codes. It may be much easier for some to do this or the bike will not start making it difficult to get it to the dealer.

Okay, I'm starting to think I'm not as smart as I thought I was. I went through the marrying instructions, to no avail........Then I took everything off, put the old module back in, started the bike up and let it run, (was surprised it started so easy, seeing as she likes the cold about as much as I do). Sounded good too......However, when I put the TSSM back in and started from scratch, it still doesn't work. I haven't went through the process of clearing the diagnostic codes yet, should I fix it back to where it runs and do that? The only other thing I noticed is that in the marrying process, the first round of waiting for the security light to go out takes about ten minutes as the instructions say it will, but the other two times, it just goes out when the check engine light goes out. :wall Or can I clear the diagnostic codes the way it is and not have to take it all apart again?

Whew, that's a lot of questions ...

The password relearn is a difficult thing to accomplish if you don't have the timing correct. Many have tried it to no avail and end up having the dealer do it with the digital tech that they use. (much easier).

The light lit indicates an error code was logged. If the TSSM is programmed to communicate with the ECM, you should be able to enter and remove any codes set then. The fact that it no longer illuminates when started means there are no codes set in the process.

After you get it all set up , don't forget to program a manual user code ( the one that uses the directional buttons for entry). If you fail to do this and something happens, you have to replace the TSSM again as it can't be recovered.

All in all, it's a complicated set up and if you are having trouble, it may be a better choice to let the dealer do it for you to eliminate future expense and headaches.

Whew, that's a lot of questions ...

The password relearn is a difficult thing to accomplish if you don't have the timing correct. Many have tried it to no avail and end up having the dealer do it with the digital tech that they use. (much easier).

The light lit indicates an error code was logged. If the TSSM is programmed to communicate with the ECM, you should be able to enter and remove any codes set then. The fact that it no longer illuminates when started means there are no codes set in the process.

After you get it all set up , don't forget to program a manual user code ( the one that uses the directional buttons for entry). If you fail to do this and something happens, you have to replace the TSSM again as it can't be recovered.

All in all, it's a complicated set up and if you are having trouble, it may be a better choice to let the dealer do it for you to eliminate future expense and headaches.
Thanks again, I'll give it one more shot, then hubby gets to haul it to a dealer if that doesn't work..........I think my planets are out of alignment today, I shouldn't have started anything...having some Windows Vista issues and I can't seem to get them straightened out either.......

That's the way to be, one more try :D

Good luck!
Okay Mr. Data, you are my new hero. I had the great revelation sometime through the night, I just wake up and so "oh, you idiot". Patience is a virtue my friend....I was such an idiot, when trying to marry the bike, after the first 10 minute wait, I didn't realize that the lights will come on, go off, and then come on again. That was the great revelation. This morning it went flawlessly, the bike runs again. Yeehaw!! However, as usual, it couldn't be totally flawless.....just wondering, should my bike chirp when I set the alarm? My husband's does when he sets or disarms the alarm. My siren works, I now keep forgetting about it and have set it off numerous times. As usual, Thank You Grand Wizard.

my 08' softail does not chirp when arming the alarm it just flashes the turn signals
Hey, thanks. I was begining to think I had just starting to have the next problem. I guess I can't make fun of my husband for all the times he 'forgets' and sets his alarm off........;)

However, as usual, it couldn't be totally flawless.....just wondering, should my bike chirp when I set the alarm? My husband's does when he sets or disarms the alarm. My siren works, I now keep forgetting about it and have set it off numerous times. As usual, Thank You Grand Wizard.

Glad you finally got a handle on it. I knew you could!

Yes it should chirp and there are other features that can be turned on and off too in the section pertaining to alarms in the self help forum.

For the life of me I can't remember how to do that one thou. I'll try to find it for the button type fob and let you know if I do. The one listed on the forum is for the button less fob so I am sure there is one for the button type too.

I'll get back to you on it.:s

Glad to hear I am helping someone else in my search for info...For the record, I did get out on 2 wheels this afternoon, I took the suzuki out for a spin...the roads were still kind of damp from the rain. Then of course, I had to take care of some of my 'chores' since I'm back to work tomorrow, and since I work 10 hr days, I try to limit my work time around the house to only one weekend day.....I don't do more than the basic stuff on work days, got to pace myself you know.

I'll poke around in the self help section some more and see what I can find out. Thanks again for all the help here, after the frustrations, it is actually kind of fun.:)

Thanks, I forgot to mention that when doing the diagnostic code part, it was really cool to see the speedometer go over 100, I guess I can say, I ride a bit conservatively, I may have touched 100 once, but didn't get over it before I backed off, what can I say, other people on the road scare me.......

Back