free website stats program H-D Factory Security System Install | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Factory Security System Install

OK I am new to this forum but have read several of the postings having to do with the factory HD security system I am adding to my 06 Ultra. They were a great help but now I am stuck. Would like to see if anyone else has had the same problem or if I just missed a step. 2006 HD Ultra Classic, EFI with power commander. I got the system on and the siren II just fine. They both seem to work. I have had a Road King before that came with the system already installed from the factory, so I am familiar with the operation part. Alarm, key fob, and manual disarm all good. My problem is I can't start my bike. While I realize this is the best of all security..it doesn't allow me to actually ride my bike. I can reinstall the original TSM and it runs fine. Anyone have a clue as to what I did wrong? Thanks for the help.

On a new installation, the dealer has to program the fobs to the ECM for the system to recognize the fobs and the bike to start.

Also the instructions that Joy gave you are correct too. It has to be married to the bike (TSSM)

Nice job Joy!!!:s

Thought about it, haven't done that yet. (I think I have to take the saddle bag off his bike to do that, I remember one piece going under the seat, and the other one behind the saddlebag somewhere, EGC). I did go on another suggestion and change the battery in the siren, JIC, all that did was make the lights flash brighter.....I'll keep you posted for when I make the siren swap, I'm pretty sure it won't be for a couple of weeks, we're planning on going to WV this weekend.

Joy, I know this is an old tread but have two questions,

1) Did you ever get the "chirp" feature working when you replaced the Smart Siren module? BTW the owners manual & service manual both say there is an audible "chirp" when arming/disarming the system, though mine without the Smart Siren is silent.:25:

2) Is the Smart Siren installation just installing it and plugging it in, if the factory HD Alarm system portion is basically installed, like yours? :)

No, eventually, we found out that there are 2 types of sirens. One chirps & one doesn't. I'll have to dig around to find out how to tell if one chirps or not. But I would guess that if it seems to work properly, i.e. lights flash when it is armed, and it will give the warning if the bike is moved & go off if you forget to disarm it & move it, then you have the siren that does not chirp.

I do know that one of the dealers called HD while I was there (had them on speaker phone) & they said that they did quit making the sirens that chirp for a while because most people complained that they did not want them to chirp when armed & disarmed.

No, eventually, we found out that there are 2 types of sirens. One chirps & one doesn't. I'll have to dig around to find out how to tell if one chirps or not. But I would guess that if it seems to work properly, i.e. lights flash when it is armed, and it will give the warning if the bike is moved & go off if you forget to disarm it & move it, then you have the siren that does not chirp.

I do know that one of the dealers called HD while I was there (had them on speaker phone) & they said that they did quit making the sirens that chirp for a while because most people complained that they did not want them to chirp when armed & disarmed.

Thanks, FYI the Smart Siren is NOT as simple as plug and play...went to the dealer and he printed out the 7 page Installation & Test Procedure.

It costs $100 and nests way underneath the bike w/ mounting tray kit it comes with between the frame rails and subject to all the road mud & grime kicked up under the bike. Not so cool, so I guess it is "Silent & Running Alarm" mode for those not equipped with the audible alarm module unless I figure out a better mounting position. :54:

Well I jumped in, a buddy of mine wanted to get rid of his factory alarm, he has a 2002 heritage and I have a 06 night train, checked the part numbers and they list the same so i told him we swap the modules.

Well today was the day, the moment my regular tsm went on his bike no problem. cranked right up and he went on his way.

i put his module on mine, followed the marrying procedure and everything worked as expected, except when I got to the part where I wanted to disable to the auto-arm feature.

The system flashes 3 times (netherlands security configuration, dealer configurable only) so I can't enable/disable. The bike it came of was definitely a US bike, (what a coincidence originally I am from the netherlands) anyway, is there a way to change that mode.

also on the way home it threw a u1064 (serial data lost....) i cleared it and Haven't seen it again (yet) but i wonder what is going on.

any help would be appreciated.

Hi Von, I looked in my service manual (I have the U.S. system circa 2004) and noted that the only difference between the U.S. and International version is the U.S. is manually activated (but may be configured to auto activate).

The International version auto activates when you turn off the ignition in about 30 secs (you cannot deactivate the auto-activate feature) so you are out of luck having the Netherlands (in this case appropriately named) model...Sorry! :(

thanks for the reply I appreciate it, I guess I will have to live with it. The manual does say it's dealer configurable, but knowing me, I take auto-arm off and within a few weeks i want it again.

maybe I sell the module and try to find a north american one.

Back