free website stats program Do you let anyone ride your bike? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone ride your bike?

No one has asked me yet if someone does depends on the experience he or she has, I guess the mech at the dealer always does.

The answer would be no. When I had a Yamaha XS1100, my nephew asked if he could ride it arround the neighborhood. He "said" he could ride a motorcycle. I made the mistake of saying yes. He got on the bike and proceded to dump it on it's right side. Well, it reved the motor up and I had a hard time shutting it off since all the controls were on the right side. Besides the bent muffler, dent in tank and bent handlebars it didn't run right after that. I just had to sell it to get rid of any problems.

NO! I used to when I was younger let my buddies ride my Sportster but now there is just too much money invested in it to have someone dump it.
Oh yeah, they might get hurt too! :s

Yeah I do. The same people I would let borrow my truck. If they are my freinds, they have a need for it and I trust them, no problem. They would not ask if they did not need it. No big deal. Of course, in all my years of riding, only a few have rode my ride and mostly while we switch rides to break it up and experience each others bike. If someone asked while (EDIT) in my drive way, NO! :s After all, it is a MC...........

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just wondering because a guy at work just got a Harley and let anyone that wanted to ride it take it for a ride. I don't know about the rest of you but NO one rides my bike. You can look, ask questions and if you are realy respectful I might even let you set on it, But thats as far as it goes.........If you want to ride a Harley go to Demo days............

When I was 8 or 10 years old my Grandmother bought me a bicycle. I let a kid ride it and it got crunched. As I was sitting around forlorn my Grandmother imparted a bit of wisdom... she sez, "nobody values your stuff like you do, no one will take care of it the way you do and nobody else will suffer like you will if it gets broken."

That said, there's a select few with superior riding skills and experience that can have my bike keys whenever they need them. But the general rule is go buy your own.

When I was 8 or 10 years old my Grandmother bought me a bicycle. I let a kid ride it and it got crunched. As I was sitting around forlorn my Grandmother imparted a bit of wisdom... she sez, "nobody values your stuff like you do, no one will take care of it the way you do and nobody else will suffer like you will if it gets broken."

That said, there's a select few with superior riding skills and experience that can have my bike keys whenever they need them. But the general rule is go buy your own.
Your Grandma was a wise woman! Her advice is timeless.:)

the way i look at it is. I love my bike as much as my wife, and i wouldnt let no one touch her!!!!! enough said

Last edited by a moderator:
Back