free website stats program Do you let anyone ride your bike? | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you let anyone ride your bike?

My brother who rides his own harley. My brother-in-law and nephew who have asked a few times, no. I Know it's wrong but the first reason to pop in my head wasn't "because I don"t want to see you get hurt from your inexperience". Thats what i'm tellin' them though 'cause it is true...........also:)

When I was a kid, oh about 11 yrs or so, my dad bought a Honda 90 trail bike. It was great fun, I rode by myself, sometimes took little sis along, I loved that bike the best of all I've had sense. Of course I was 11 and for a kid what could be better? One day a friend came along when we went on one of our trips to the hills to ride. I had been taught and reminded to not let anybody ride it, it was mine alone to ride. So off we went and a while later as I promised I let him ride it. And he rode it right into a small tree, fell off and broke his arm. Also my headlight, mirror, messed up the tank. I don't know what I was most afraid of, my poor hurting friend, or my poor hurting back side when dad found out. Never again.

After reading these replies I have a new found respect for my brother in law. He invited me to go on a rally and let me ride his brand new bike. It had 200 miles on it. He borrowed his uncles bike and road that. At the time I did think, wow, I cant believe he is letting me drive his bike. I actually put more miles on the bike after that rally then he had put on himself up to that point. Now that I read these posts, I dont think I truely appreciated the sacrafice he made to let me do that.

Unfortunitly, now that I have my own bike, for some reason I am not invited to this years rally. It has nothing to do with any of this, but I am (EDITED) about learning that just yesterday.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
As a general rule, No. However there are some exceptions. The technician who might be troubleshooting the problem, or someone who absolutely could replace the bike without any issues over cost. Other than that, I don't even let me kids (great riders, by the way) take it for rides.

Sparx

Back