free website stats program Deutschland = Germany | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deutschland = Germany

I don't have any long trips planned yet. But is still early in the year. Dose any one else have any cool trips planned?

You really don't have? June, July and August are the months for the best events around here.... :bigsmiley24:

I'll go to Rüdesheim tomorrow for Magic Bikeweek! It's a small but very nice event and the area is beautiful for rinding.....

Not German...........but I did a Army hitch in Wertheim from 1976-1979.

I loved it.

Distel.jpg

Last edited:
Spent 2 years in Augsburg (Army '78-'80) and before that in Baumholder ('73-'76). Loved the country and hospitality. Good to meet ya.

Hi there, four of us are just about to plan for a trip over to Germany in May 2010, I think we will be based in Bad Lippspringe (Near Paderborn) and hope to do trips out to Mohnesee, Harz Mountains and maybe a day trip up to Berlin. We will be pretty central for Dortmund, Hannover, Bremen and Dusseldorf so there should be plenty for us to see and do. Is there anywhere in particular that you would reccommend we should visit or roads we should ride?:) Or HD Dealers to visit. I know there is a good one in Bielefeld who always have some tasty bikes in their showroom, so will probably drop in there.

I lived in Holzminden,not so far from Paderborn,in the wesertal most roads are great for riding thereabouts,and places to visit would be HAMLYN,BODENWERDER,(Baron Von Munchausen ),The Hartz ,a must is GOSLAR,FAMOUS WITCH TOWN,and also Rommels HQ for a while.Berlin is not a good day trip,a long weekend is better. Charlottenburg to Alexanderplatz is full of interest.If you feel like a good ride,go down to DRESDEN,another long weekewnds worth.The most beautiful city in Germany,from ther is a boat ride thru the Sachischer alpes.And only a short trip over the border to Prague,another beautiful old city.I'm sure you will enjoy the trip,Germany is a wonderfull country,and the people very hospitable and friendly(away from where the allies bases are)
Campsites are plenty,and very well equiped.If hotel type accomodation is what you want,look for "pensions"(like a B&B) OR JUNGENDHERBERGs (hostels)Theres a great one in MELLE,not to far from Bielefelt,and on the same road to the A2.There are very many great places to see all over Germany,you wont be disappointed no matter where you go.

I 'll be in MUN tomorrow for the Oktober fest with some friends from CA, USA and from Mexico.
I'll stay only on thursday night, friday, and saturday morning....go back to Paris on Saturday afternoon.
I'll flight to LA on Sunday morning for a trip...Canyons...

I lived in Schweinfurt for 3 years (95-98) and loved it. We traveled all over Germany by train and bike. I also join a German ski club with my buddy, we were the only americans. It was a great party on the bus rides, we didn't understand everything but they treated us like family or boyfriends :D and skiing was out of this world.
If I could get a job there, I would move back in a heart beat. Went to about 7 more countries around Germany, some by choice, some not by choice.

I loved going to Rottenburg (sp?) and Octoberfest.

Back