free website stats program Deutschland = Germany | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deutschland = Germany

Visited Germany for a week on business when I worked in telecom industry in 1989. The country side was so lush, the roads well maintained and just wished I could have stayed longer just to rent a motorcycle and check it out. At the time Edleweiss was just starting blossom in the USA to make touring trips available in Europe.

My puppie is a dachshund.Does that count?

....does he understand German? :D

Visited Germany for a week on business when I worked in telecom industry in 1989. The country side was so lush, the roads well maintained and just wished I could have stayed longer just to rent a motorcycle and check it out. At the time Edleweiss was just starting blossom in the USA to make touring trips available in Europe.

If you will come back for a bike trip let me know.... we have some great events and areas to ride here and it's no problem to rent a bike. Most dealers offer it for about 100 € a day insurances included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been to Germany,But Kitchener-Waterloo has the largest Oktoberfest in the world,outside of Munich:D

Not from Germany. I was there in early 70's for two years. Beautiful country and wonderful people. Enjoyed my time there. I miss the great food.

What was your favorite food?

I remember the brotchen mit ham und kaser. Buttered. Ummm. Chicken from the vendors on the street in Mannhiem mit pomfrits und salad. The food was outstanding and the people are great, hardy people.

The thing that sticks in my mind is the elderly people riding bicycles. people in there 70's and 80's riding bikes. They sure know how to have fun.

My fav holiday starts on 11-11 every year. :p

I remember the brotchen mit ham und kaser. Buttered. Ummm. Chicken from the vendors on the street in Mannhiem mit pomfrits und salad. The food was outstanding and the people are great, hardy people.

The thing that sticks in my mind is the elderly people riding bicycles. people in there 70's and 80's riding bikes. They sure know how to have fun.

My fav holiday starts on 11-11 every year. :p

Did you also try pommes with mayo?? :)

What costums did you wear at you fav holiday? Do you still have pics? :D

Not from Germany. I was there in early 70's for two years. Beautiful country and wonderful people. Enjoyed my time there. I miss the great food.

What was your favorite food?

schnitzel, pomfrits, brats, brocks, all breads and actually, potatoes fixed any way. And there was a beef stew with vegtables that I really enjoyed. Did train round trip rides on the weekends and stopped at lots of small towns and had local specials but I do not remember what the names of the dishes were. Been
38 years ago. Was not a beer drinker. People say I missed the best part.

ride safe

twoup

I am an american but currently live in Germany. I live near Trier. The past couple months I was a away on bussiness. Sorry for the way delayed post. Glad to hear from some one else in Germany.

Back