free website stats program Chaps | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chaps

I got leather pants instead of chaps, got them a little big so I can pull them on right over top of my jeans. They cost a little more but do a real good job in the cold. Like others have said buy a good pair of pants or chaps and they will last you for years.

For those looking for US made alternative...how 'bout Foxcreeks' "Leather Pants"...look like jeans, but have outside full length zippers on both legs w/ snaps at cuff ends to prevent flapping or loosening, a little pricey but their quality and guage leather is hard to beat...

Leather Overpants for Men - Fox Creek Leather

Other than the price those look like a good way to go for when the temps drop to the 40's. I dont want to deal w/ the crap from my co-workers which is why Ive avoided chaps think I may look for something like the Foxcreek leather overpants.

Have them and wear them on longer traveling trips. Fold up nice when not in use. A must for colder weather riding. Great for bugs splattering on shins, and ROCKS. Ever have a large rock thrown from a cage/semi hit ya in the shins going 70 mph? It hurts and draws blood.....

Best advice for chaps is buy a quality pair. I own the foxcreekleather made in USA brand. Great customer service also!

I use them when it is cold, but also they work nice when it is cool and the bugs get to knocking on your knees.

Just returned from Langlitz Leathers in Portland, OR. Picked up a pair of their goatskin riding pants (westerns). The go on right over your jeans, they have a 30" zipper so you can put them on with your boots on too. The keep all your lower body warm, the chaps have a cold spot at the top.

Also, when you crash your rear won't get wore down by the asphalt, like it would with chaps. Langlitz has some pictures in their shop to prove it.

Stay safe.

Seeing as how I started this I'll chime back in one more time.
I ordered a pair of chaps from Fox Creek so of course we are having record heat here and I haven't had a chance to try them out,but they appear to be top quality material and workmanship and the customer service was excellent. Now if it will just cool down some

Ok, I have seen on the motorcycle cd with motorcycle cops they have something that goes up over the knee. Anyone know what those are called?

Back