free website stats program Chaps | Harley Davidson Forums

Chaps

Duffer

I'm curious as to who wears them and who doesn't, why and why not.
Never wore them in my younger days but now that I've ( I was going to say grown up but nobody would believe that) aged some, might be a good idea.
Looking to maybe keep the wind off a bit and possibly keep what skin I have firmly attached.
Favorite brands, styles,what to look for , what to avoid. Just want some protection not looking to make a fashion statement. Pros and cons?
What do you think?:dknow

I use them when its cold or I'm going on a long trip. I would suggest buying the best you can afford. Stay away from the cheap ones because the zippers fall apart and the stiching tears out. Thick leather is better than the cheap thin stuff but of course it is heaver and hotter.....

GG has you covered, but adding to that, some have snaps near bottom so wind flapping to prevent unzipping at speed. Some of your better luggage/bag makers make the good USA made stuff...FYI.

i use um almost all the time now that i have a set yes in slow riding they are hotter .. but i find 50 or above i catch a breese between them and my pants and it cools the legs off a lot and dont feel the engine heat as much at all..

Forgot to say i have the heavy weight HD one found a old set new with tags MADE IN THE USA how could i pass them up

Last edited:
I use cordura pants, they are wind proof and rain proof. They have pockets front and rear and are much cheaper than leather chaps.

I have a good thick pair with heavy duty zipper from a local leather shop that specializes in motorcycle leather. I generally wear them on longer rides or during colder weather. I wore them on my 1600 mile trip earlier this year and they were great for keeping the heat of the engine and the wind and bugs off my legs. I would recommend getting a good pair.

I wear them when the temps drop. They are easy to fold and keep on the bike and they cut the wind. Wouldn't be caught without a pair.

Back