free website stats program Chaps | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chaps

I love them......and wear them.......but in the hot summer Kansas heat, it real hard to wear them.......but I know I should.

Cold weather, work great at keeping the wind from chilling your legs and then your whole body. When it gets hot, they go in the saddlebag.

I wear chaps in cool and cold wx. I wipe 'em down if they get too dirty and put some leather conditioner on once a year. Mine have lasted for years.

I've never owned any chaps. Are there any recommended brand name chaps I could or should look at?

haven't tried em myself but if your in the Delafield area Ive heard Lieblang Leather, custom sizes and makes your chaps for around 100$. they ride and understand the way they need to fit loose in the knees etc. (from what Ive heard) the price sounds right. Ive heard great things from other riders i run into.
Lieblang

Can't beat em when its a little chilly out.

Got a pair of HD chaps. Seem to be good heavy leather with heavy duty snaps and zippers.

Wouldn't ride in cooler weather without them.

They sure do save skin in a spill, but I usually don't wear them when it's hot out. Sometimes if I'm riding at 70 mph or above highway speeds or I have a strong headwind for extended periods I'll wear them. They keep your jeans from flapping and making your legs sore in those conditions. But they are like a seat belt, if you aren't wearing them when something happens they don't do you any good.

I wear them in cold weather. I've also got a pair of half-chaps (cover lower leg up to knee) that really helps with comfort on longer rides without being too hot.

Thanks for all the input. You've all been very helpful.
Been looking at the Fox Creek website as Smitty suggested. Think I'll give that a shot.
Thanks again.

I'm curious as to who wears them and who doesn't, why and why not.
Never wore them in my younger days but now that I've ( I was going to say grown up but nobody would believe that) aged some, might be a good idea.
Looking to maybe keep the wind off a bit and possibly keep what skin I have firmly attached.
Favorite brands, styles,what to look for , what to avoid. Just want some protection not looking to make a fashion statement. Pros and cons?
What do you think?:dknow

Duffer, if you are in Washington State, check out Eagle Leather (Eagle Leather Tacoma, Wa) in Tacoma. They will get you fitted right and have lots of different styles. The prices aren't bad either. Wife and I both got our chaps from them and I'm not the easiest to fit.

Back