free website stats program 09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle

oldgeezer

The early 09 touring bikes have too great a lean angle. I just talked to customer support and they will replace the jiffy stand mounting bracket at no cost to you. The part # for the new part is 50096-09. All you have to do is call Customer Service @414-343-4056 to get a case number then take your bike to your local dealer and provide them with the case number and they will replace this for you. When i mentioned this to my dealer they acted like never heard of this, but now with this case number looks like I can get it fixed. Good Luck.

Here is a pic of the old and the new bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 454
Last edited by a moderator:
Told my sales guy there was something wrong with the way my RK sat too, got blown off and just keep checking it every time I parked it. Thanks for the valiadation, now have a case number to get 'r done right.

Any information on the production dates for replacment part?
Up through a certain month maybe? My production date is 12/08

Any information on the production dates for replacment part?
Up through a certain month maybe? My production date is 12/08

Parts man at Landers HD here in North Little Rock said he thought it was through Sept. He told me that HD calls this fix a "good will fix". He says its not a safety issue and there is nothing wrong with the original one...just different.

The early 09 touring bikes have too great a lean angle. I just talked to customer support and they will replace the jiffy stand mounting bracket at no cost to you. The part # for the new part is 50096-09. All you have to do is call Customer Service @414-343-4056 to get a case number then take your bike to your local dealer and provide them with the case number and they will replace this for you. When i mentioned this to my dealer they acted like never heard of this, but now with this case number looks like I can get it fixed. Good Luck.

Here is a pic of the old and the new bracket.

The mounting bracket on my bike, seems to be like the mount on the left in your picture. Am I correct in presuming that the one on the left is the mounting bracket with too much lean?
:42:

Parts man at Landers HD here in North Little Rock said he thought it was through Sept. He told me that HD calls this fix a "good will fix". He says its not a safety issue and there is nothing wrong with the original one...just different.

Just different enough that if you park in any sort of un-level parking area, gravel or loose dirt you might still be able to set it upright by yourself? I'm tired of grunting every time I get the bike upright to take off. I'm a geezer, I realize that but it shouldn't be THAT hard! I still love the bike, don't get me wrong.

Going to the dealer tomorrow to check out my new bike now that the new parts are installed. My build date was 09/02/08. Should I mention this to my salesguy or should I contact the company first?:eam

Just different enough that if you park in any sort of un-level parking area, gravel or loose dirt you might still be able to set it upright by yourself? I'm tired of grunting every time I get the bike upright to take off. I'm a geezer, I realize that but it shouldn't be THAT hard! I still love the bike, don't get me wrong.

I definitely agree with you. The Ultra doesn't weight that much more than the RK I had before but about twice as hard to get off the jiffy stand. Heck, I even bought a center stand for my bike. It works great but only if you're on fairly level ground. So, I still use the jiffy stand a good bit.
:42:

Going to the dealer tomorrow to check out my new bike now that the new parts are installed. My build date was 09/02/08. Should I mention this to my salesguy or should I contact the company first?:eam

From my experience the dealer is going to blow this off if you do not insist! They told me "there is a recall on the jiffy stand for dyna but not touring". This is not a recall. They will HAVE to call customer service to find out what is going on if you are the first one to bring it to their attention.

Back