free website stats program 09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle

From my experience the dealer is going to blow this off if you do not insist! They told me "there is a recall on the jiffy stand for dyna but not touring". This is not a recall. They will HAVE to call customer service to find out what is going on if you are the first one to bring it to their attention.

Well I went to the dealership today and as you suspected, they kinda blew me off. Not completely tho.They were somewhat reluctant to just come out and say they knew about it. But after pressing them a bit, the service manager admitted that he knew of the problem. However they asked me if I would call H-D and get the case number because apparently they get the runaround on things like this. I told them I'd be glad to call and complain and get a number. As soon as I agreed to make the call their whole attitude changed and they said they'd be glad to take care of it...go figure!

Well I went to the dealership today and as you suspected, they kinda blew me off. Not completely tho.They were somewhat reluctant to just come out and say they knew about it. But after pressing them a bit, the service manager admitted that he knew of the problem. However they asked me if I would call H-D and get the case number because apparently they get the runaround on things like this. I told them I'd be glad to call and complain and get a number. As soon as I agreed to make the call their whole attitude changed and they said they'd be glad to take care of it...go figure!

well know they know for sure they get paid and dont have to eat it

I printed out the original post with picture and took it to my dealer. None of them had heard anything about it but they ordered the new mount for me and asked me to call and get the case number.
:USA

I always said since I bought my 09 Ultra back in October that it leaned further than I liked. Never has been a problem, but I am definetely getting the replacement. Thank you for this post. :D

Last edited:
The early 09 touring bikes have too great a lean angle. I just talked to customer support and they will replace the jiffy stand mounting bracket at no cost to you. The part # for the new part is 50096-09. All you have to do is call Customer Service @414-343-4056 to get a case number then take your bike to your local dealer and provide them with the case number and they will replace this for you. When i mentioned this to my dealer they acted like never heard of this, but now with this case number looks like I can get it fixed. Good Luck.

Here is a pic of the old and the new bracket.

Does this apply to all the touring models or only the Ultra's. I have an early build Street Glide.

Another thing, how did you find out about this? Obviously the dealers are no help in this (anybody surprised?)?

Bernhard

Does this apply to all the touring models or only the Ultra's. I have an early build Street Glide.

Another thing, how did you find out about this? Obviously the dealers are no help in this (anybody surprised?)?

Bernhard

huummmm....should I confess???............I read about it on another forum. I'm so sorry to have to say it. Will yall forgive. I feel like a traitor.

I definitely agree with you. The Ultra doesn't weight that much more than the RK I had before but about twice as hard to get off the jiffy stand. Heck, I even bought a center stand for my bike. It works great but only if you're on fairly level ground. So, I still use the jiffy stand a good bit.
:42:

I had to park on some gravel, didn't have a pad and of course the derned bike sunk in. I had to get off the bike and back into it to get it upright. I have the Wheeldock center stand but you have to be on pretty much absolute level pavement to use it. Works great for cleaning the wheels, parking in the garage and getting gas but don't use it otherwise.

I just called the provided number. I gave them my VIN and they gave me a case number on the spot. Called my dealer, gave him the case number and he ordered the part and will call me when it arrives. Could not have been easier and both the HD service as well as the dealer were very nice. Thanks for the information.:D

Checked with my dealer today. This matter hasn't made it into the system in Canada yet. Dealer's service department knew nothing about replacing the original jiffy stand mounting bracket. I gave them the part number of the new bracket and they promised they'd check it out and let me know. Couldn't understand why the bracket would be replaced by HD if it wasn't a recall or a safety issue. We shall see what happens.

huummmm....should I confess???............I read about it on another forum. I'm so sorry to have to say it. Will yall forgive. I feel like a traitor.

No big deal. I was just wondering if there is a place on the web where you can run your VIN number against any pending service bulletins?

Bernhard

Back