free website stats program 09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle

Just a quick update, I called HD customer service and made the report. The woman I spoke with was already familiar with the problem (of course). She assured me that since my bike was still at the dealership she would personally call them to authorize the part replacement. Much to my amazement, I received a call from the dealer about 45 minutes later telling me that they were installing the part as we speak. I certainly can't complain about the service from the dealer AND HD!

When I called HD, the gal I spoke with, knew what was up. She got the info she needed from me, gave me the reference number, and said she would call the dealer and let them know. Stopped at the dealer later that morning, gave them the info, and they had not received any service bulletins yet. (I was asked how I got the info, and I replied,
"the wonders of the internet!") 2 Hrs. later the dealer called me and said HD had called, and they would replace the mount as a warranty issue. Once the mount came in, they called and replaced the mount.

Just for grins and giggles, I measured the distance from the right floorboard to the ground before and after the replacement....nearly 3/4 inches difference. It is much easier to get off the stand now! :)

nope but it looks different more squat, i had the rear lowered from purchase and it wobbled at 90 it feels alot more composed now i have had the front done i will post it up once i have been out and given it some stick, i know it will scrape earlier but hey it scraped any way

lol my nerves kind of fail me when I start seeing sparks fly:D

Do not feel bad, I modifified the rubber bumper (chamfered it with a utility knife by 1/8 inch so the jiffy stand tucks by almost 1/2" and now I don't scrape on the left, right stand I may have to change the exhaust mounting nut, grinding in the extra "flat" is hard work in the twisties on the weekends, "--steady as she goes mate"! :D

I am coming into this discussion late because I just learned about this site. The lean angle issue also applies to 09 Road Glides. The explanation that I got was that H-D didn't change the jiffy stand bracket when they changed the frame on the 09 touring models. This causes the bike to lean over more, which makes it difficult to stand the bike up especially on uneven ground.

I called H-D in Milwaukee about the problem back when a person still had to call to get a reference number to take to a local dealer for a warranty repair. The person I talked to at H-D said that the company was going to put out a service bulletin in "the near future." That "future" arrived later that same day when my neighbor, who also owns an 09 Road Glide, called our local dealer. They had just received the bulletin and added his new bracket to the order for my bracket.

The new bracket makes a big difference. The bike is much easier to stand up and I don't have a heart attack thinking the bike will fall over every time I put it on the jiffy stand.

Just got off the phone with customer service and the Service Buliten # is M-1243 and it was issued on March 18th. The nice lady I talked with said all I need to do is talk to the dealer and they should order what I need and that there is no need to call and get a case number.

Steve

Edit:
Just noticed that Glider has the SB posted in the self help section. Sorry Glider Guess I should have checked out your link before calling customer support. Should have know you were on top of it.

Back