free website stats program 09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 Ultra Classic Lean Angle

I checked my VIN number at the Harley site on Saturday when the original post came out. Only referenced the 10K service when I reach it.

Anyway, I called the number today and kinda felt like the guy was playing dumb on me. Once he figured out I knew the facts, he gave me the ref number and told me he would call my dealer. As I said before, they ordered the part already for me, so hopefully the mount will be changed soon. I sure hope it helps, my left knee will surely appreciate it.

One thing the guy asked how many miles on my new bike, when I told him a little over 5K, he complemented me on not having a garage queen. :D

:USA

I too called HD today, they did seem a little evasive at first, then they finally admitted there was a problem. They even asked where I heard about this because I was the 3rd to call them today, when told I read it on this forum,they replied "got to love the internet". They said they were probably 2 to 3 weeks from issuing a service bulletin, but might have to do it sooner because it was out there. Most dealers don't even know about this. The HD rep called my dealer to inform them and then called me back to confirm. My build date is late Sept 2008 and they said mine was within the bulletin date by a week. Dealer is getting the part so we can get this repaired. They also gave me a reference # but laughed and said it really was not needed to get this taken care of.

I got my new jiffy stand mounting bracket installed today. :D The bike sits much strighter and man what a difference getting my bike off the stand, it's much easier. Now my Ultra picks up like my RK did. My poor left knee loves it!

:GEORGIASTATE

Where do you find out what your assembly date is?

Thanks

Walt

The date is OK but look and compare your jiffy mount to the picture in the origional post in this thread.

Oldgeezer said he learned of this fix at another forum. Well, after someone else brought it up on "another" forum, I used his picture to post there. :taunt Or did oldgeezer get the picture from that other forum?

Oh well, who ever took it did a nice job. Thanks!

The date is OK but look and compare your jiffy mount to the picture in the origional post in this thread.

Oldgeezer said he learned of this fix at another forum. Well, after someone else brought it up on "another" forum, I used his picture to post there. :taunt Or did oldgeezer get the picture from that other forum?

Oh well, who ever took it did a nice job. Thanks!

It was not me, but I thought it was a nice job too. LOL:small3d031:

Back