free website stats program Why do you ride? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you ride?

Excellent thought provoking topic. After some thought I came to the conclusion I ride for ME. So many of my hours are filled providing for others except for my time cruising on my bike. We all need ME time.
Of course, I have started to take my son with me this summer now that I have a Road King. Although I am not alone, it is good bonding even if we are just cruising to an ice cream stand........ 30 miles away. I can see he has the bug now too so I am sure there will be a bike in his future.

Great Therapy, was going through a divorce at the time when I decided that I am going to buy a Harley and go ride. I mean how much cleaning and projects can you do to keep your mind occupied. As soon as I headed out all my problems went away and it was just me and the open road.

I guess the simple answers are because it's fun, the adventure, and being with friends. Lately though, I have come to realize that I get a buzz from the heightened awareness required to make the ride safe. It seems as though I notice things alot more, I'm more in touch with what is happening around me...anyone else?

It's the best mind clearing therapy I have ever known. And after 3 divorces and the loss of too many friends and loved ones, it's been one of the things that kept me goin.

I feel more connected with life..with God when I ride. It's a way to unplug from the modern world. I've learned to appreciate the solitude..especially when I passed that minivan being driven by a poor smuck who has five kids, a nagging wife and a desperate look on his face. :)

It's a 43 year addiction and I'm too old to ride bulls for my additional adrenaline rushes. (an occasional free fall is a good substitute)

At first I rode for enjoyment. When I was moved to Traffic in the police department I rode for a pay check, which I still do. When I'm off I ride to forget about work, funny isn't it.

Back