free website stats program Why do you ride? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you ride?

I've been giving a lot of thought to this question and I can't answer it. I have a decent vocabulary and still I can't find the right words to describe how I feel when I'm on the bike. The sounds of the bike, the sounds of the world around me when I'm on the bike, the feeling of moving through the air at 70, the quickness of steering and throttle compared to a car. All together there aren't words to describe the feeling.

I've been giving a lot of thought to this question and I can't answer it. I have a decent vocabulary and still I can't find the right words to describe how I feel when I'm on the bike. The sounds of the bike, the sounds of the world around me when I'm on the bike, the feeling of moving through the air at 70, the quickness of steering and throttle compared to a car. All together there aren't words to describe the feeling.

Sooner, I couldn't agree more.I just can't put my finger on it but there's just that feeling of euphoria when I'm out on the road!

Like I Said That Desire From Within!!! :s

I have to say ... my hubby actually got me hooked. I never rode bikes as a youngster nor did I have any interest ... but, my main squeeze certainly did. He loved 'em since he was a child. Always aspired to have a Harley someday. The first few years of our marriage was sparkled with motorcycles but they were HIS love. They never really interested me much. UNTIL ... that is, he got his first Harley in the year 2000. It was a whole different world. After a year of passenger'ing' ... He bought me my bike for my birthday. I cried for dayysssss! That was 8 years ago. Since then, I have gotten the 'bug'...and it's a hard one to shake off. Now this is a passion we both share.

Sooner has said it all!

I never really thought about it before. If you have good balance and rode a bicycle as a kid, then thought about how cool it would be to not have to pedal up hill (add a motor), then you have it all. Freedom to travel, no leg strain, smells, sounds, sights, and looking cool, that's gotta be it! Plus, a block or so from the house, can't hear the spouse!

As said great therapy. I don't have any problem leaving my work at work but riding lets you leave all your cares behind for a while.

Back