free website stats program Who the hell is monitering this site | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who the hell is monitering this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I try to understand the rules here, although I think they are so excessive they are NOT clear lines. I have been called out on a word I hear every day on television. Kind of silly if you ask me. The word was not foul, abusive, or anything I would not say in front of anyone's mother. But, I will toe the line. If I don't want to abide by the rules, I will leave. However, when everyday, acceptable to normal society words are deemed unacceptable to this site, that is when the line is blurred.

It is really quite simple. If you are about to make a post and you have a gut feeling it is questionable, then don't post it. Evey time I have had my hands slapped, I knew upfront I was pushing it. I most cases people know, rather they want to admit it or not. It's all about attitude. Keep a good one and you will coast here. Bad attitudes sink. It is that simple. :s

Thanks Charlie, some have used the example that language is used all the time on TV or the newspaper...but I have to ask you. If you were PAID for good journalism, why is it so hard to clean up the language and have most works presentable to the general public.

Nowadays, practically every channel uses the words that George Carlin said awhile back that would get your material pulled by TV censors...in this case, not so funny that journalism seems to be turning into tabloid trash. Notice how Glider left this one thread open with language, and how it stands out, not because of the "shock" value, but as an example of how the word adds nothing to the content of the thread, or justify it's use by the original poster.

Last edited:
Well, I try to understand the rules here, although I think they are so excessive they are NOT clear lines. I have been called out on a word I hear every day on television. Kind of silly if you ask me. The word was not foul, abusive, or anything I would not say in front of anyone's mother. But, I will toe the line. If I don't want to abide by the rules, I will leave. However, when everyday, acceptable to normal society words are deemed unacceptable to this site, that is when the line is blurred.

What is excessive about "NO LANGUAGE"? This is a private forum and you are a quest here. If we ask that no language is used even if you hear it elsewhere , that's not excessive and the lines are quite clear cut unless a member wants to make them sound "silly" like you have done here.

We don't call it censorship, we call it maturity and good manners here.

Part of the problem with society is that "normal" is becoming more and more vulgar as each year passes. In addition, I'm not sure if TV is such a great compass for morality and acceptable language.
The rules are pretty clear. A fella just has to read them.
Again, thanks to the mods for your hard work.

It is excessive because you have no idea what is considered a no no. When a totally acceptable word everyhwer else i flagged, how are you supposed to know what to do.
I try to be careful but got called on quite an innocent word.

Part of the problem with society is that "normal" is becoming more and more vulgar as each year passes. In addition, I'm not sure if TV is such a great compass for morality and acceptable language.
The rules are pretty clear. A fella just has to read them.
Again, thanks to the mods for your hard work.

I am no talking about many of the "vulgar" words that er used on TV now. I am talking about a harmless word that was used on a family sitcom every show.

I am not going to argue the point any more. I will do my best to be careful with my words. We are guests here and must follow whatever rules the moderators have in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is excessive because you have no idea what is considered a no no. When a totally acceptable word everyhwer else i flagged, how are you supposed to know what to do.
I try to be careful but got called on quite an innocent word.

Let's cut to the chase here LIRider.

The words you used were "Damn" and "Crap" both of which are considered language on THIS forum whether they are used elsewhere or not so let's stop the childish replies.
You know what you posted was against the rules if you read the link I have furnished to you on those two occasions. It spells it out plain and simple!

I'll copy the section for you here so there is no misunderstandings...

If in doubt, leave the word out even in the simplest forms of profanity!
As only a few examples of this that have been edited (Damn, hell, crap, crappy, sucks ,LMAO, LMFAO, PITA, BS etc ,etc and also the **** or %#@&$ in place of the words is included here as a means of self editing and bypassing the sensors) Also it may be pointed out that words like "idiot", "bimbo" and this type of defamatory language will probably result in an extended vacation if not removal from the forum especially when used against another member.

LIRider has been removed from the members list.

Last edited:
Wondered how long it would take. It really can't be any more simple. Whether talking about our machines or this forum; It stays clean and respectful until we allow that first bit of grime to tarnish the finish. Nothing can be more wonderful than this little society, that is as long as we continue to hold ourselves accountable for maintaining it's shine. No grime, blemishes, rust... I say we vote Glider in as the next president and watch what he could do to return respect to the entire country.. How about a poll on that one ? In closing, I have absolutely NO problem with the rules, as a matter of fact, I relish them. A Harty THANK YOU ALL for providing such an environment

After so many great replies I didn't think I would have anything to add, but after LIRider's last (as in he won't be posting anymore) post I felt that I needed to put my two cents in. Just because someone uses a word or a phrase on TV or radio or writes in the newspaper does mean that it will not offend someone. Common curtesy, manners, respect for your fellow man, are all things that seem to be something that have been forgotten. Playing by the rules does not seem to be that hard, but once broken than everyone thinks its OK. This is only the second Forum I have belonged to. The other while it has some great information sharing has far too much politics and language and is not enjoyable. Knowing that sooner or later someone will call you out because you ask a question they considered dumb is not what I call entertainment. Thanks for letting me rant and thanks for letting me be a part of this great Forum!

One other thing, Does anyone know where I can get my EBM license (Everyboby But Me)? You know the one where I can break all the rules of the road without getting tickeded

Thanks Guys for keeping this site clean. It the greatest. Did I hear something about Glider for President I would also like to add Hobbit as VP. You have my vote.

PaPa T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back