free website stats program Which harley to buy | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which harley to buy

It really depends on what you will be doing most of and what you want it for or to look like,, bottom line I truly believe there are Harleys and then every other motorcycle..
I joined this site and a few more because I find it funny and its sad too,, how much negative talk there is about Harleys,,, If you think they are (EDIT) as some James cat wrote,, why are you on a HD site,,,player haters...
There is Coca cole,, Levis,, Fender Strat,,, and the HD sportster...
Harley isn't Harley Davison because they (EDIT) ,,
I have heard they aren't fast,, well my buddies 883 had a ss conversion and some other cool stuff done on his chain driven metal mounted 86 sporty...
Now it has 95 HP and hits almost 160 MPH...
The Evo egine,, you will hear allot of smack regarding it...(EDIT)
That engine was a game changer,, saved HD,, and at a time everone was making good bikes,,,
They slapped the Japs in the face in 1984 when it came out,,, They are bullet proof,,,
Yes a HD out the shop stock,, exspecally the Sportster you have to work on...
That's why I say there are HD then everything else..
A HD is a relationship,, you make it too what fits you and your style,,, and unlike most bikes,, you don't trade em in every 2 years for the new model.
You will hear they shake too much,, exspecaily the older models before the rubber mounting,,, well why do you think the ladies love the old HD's?
I have had other bikes,,, then I got on a HD,, totally different animal,, the feeling,,, its engine thumping,, setting off car alarms as I roll down the street.
I have a 1983 XL 1000 Iron Head,, with a 1989 Evo engine replacement..
I bought it like that,,, I paid 4 grand,, put about a grand in it...and she is beautiful.... I live in NYC,, I have people,, Jap tourist taking pics of the bike all the time....Now I have friends with 30 thousand dollar custome out newer HD"s
and my old (EDIT) 1980's Harley gets as much looks and performs just as good if not better...So you can find a nice 80's Evo Sporty for about 3 grand or better
and then pimp it out the way you want it...
They say bad press is good press and if they aint talking about you , your not worth being talked about....So ya, its kinda sad when some of there guys rag on HD ,, while they for some reason on a HD site... I wouldn't be on a Honda site if I didn't have one,, or wanted one...
So to all you HD haters out there,, its ok,, the same advise I gave to this gentleman in search I pass to you too.. For what ever reason you don't have one
,, reason probably being, you went with a different bike,, likw most no resale value,,, and wished you held out ,, paid the little extra,, and got a piece of American muscle ,, History ,, and cool... They are out there ,, new ones, older ones,,, in all price ranges,,, they keep running and they will keep making them.
To all out there who bought a Victory,, nice bikes,, I like them allot,, but it still must sting when some hot chick says nice Harley,,
Live free Ride hard
southpaw

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats on the new bike!!!!!!that is a awesome looking scooter!!!!!! only advice i have is "leave it alone" %90 of issues i've had with the Harley's I've owned was due to "upgrades" lol i found myself thinking ......boy if i would have left the stock parts on that would not have happened

Just picked up my 09 street bob!!!
That think looks new...is it used?
WAP.gif

I owned a Nomad along with my Road King , if she enjoyed the Nomad she will love the Road King and you will love the balance VS. the Nomad. I would go with the RK with a quick detach windshield and tour pack if you can find one. Then you have the best of both worlds.

Back