free website stats program Which harley to buy | Harley Davidson Forums

Which harley to buy

timd229

I'm sure about a million people ask this question but every person has a different situation so im going to ask for opinions first I'll start off by introducing myself I'm 24 I live in pa 4 years ago I had a 83 shadow then a 93 suzuki katana 750 then a 09 ninja zx6r then traded that for a 05 vulcan 1500 and loved it since then I've wanted a harley so I sold my vulcan last fall and I'm looking to get a harley in the next month I dont want a sportster I want a big twin bike I want something around 9-10000 used I like the looks of the fat boy or almost all softails in general but I think I would like a dyna better from what I read..I will be mainly riding back and forth to work but will b a riding around on my days off and my fiancé rides with me maybe 15% of the time so I don't really want a bagger but I do like a road kings without the faring and windshield but with the bags another thing is I cant take a test ride on the bikes at the dealership but I can sit on them ....any helo is appreciated thanks in advance

I am curious why you can't take a test ride at a dealership? Their isn't any obligation to buy. Tell them you haven't made a decision yet. They will usually let you take as many rides as you need to get to that point. It is in their best interest to do so. I would buy from a private party if it were me. I think you would get the best price for what you want from one.

I am curious why you can't take a test ride at a dealership? Their isn't any obligation to buy. Tell them you haven't made a decision yet. They will usually let you take as many rides as you need to get to that point. It is in their best interest to do so. I would buy from a private party if it were me. I think you would get the best price for what you want from one.

Yeah I hear what your saying but for some reason they don't let people test ride their bikes I don't know but they are a big dealership around here so I know it's not cause they are trying to screw people

I'm sure about a million people ask this question but every person has a different situation so im going to ask for opinions first I'll start off by introducing myself I'm 24 I live in pa 4 years ago I had a 83 shadow then a 93 suzuki katana 750 then a 09 ninja zx6r then traded that for a 05 vulcan 1500 and loved it since then I've wanted a harley so I sold my vulcan last fall and I'm looking to get a harley in the next month I dont want a sportster I want a big twin bike I want something around 9-10000 used I like the looks of the fat boy or almost all softails in general but I think I would like a dyna better from what I read..I will be mainly riding back and forth to work but will b a riding around on my days off and my fiancé rides with me maybe 15% of the time so I don't really want a bagger but I do like a road kings without the faring and windshield but with the bags another thing is I cant take a test ride on the bikes at the dealership but I can sit on them ....any helo is appreciated thanks in advance

i have a softail coustom and a road king...if you have experience with a heavy bike and do some highway riding...roadking...if you want to just run around softail..sounds like you need to see a new dealer....and watch this

ps nothing wrong with the right sportser

Live by it - YouTube

First of all, I would NEVER buy a bike from a dealer that wouldn't let you at least take a short test ride. Ridiculous!

Sounds like a Heritage Softail or a Road King would be perfect for you. Fun every day ride but capable of easily carrying a passenger or going for a weekend overnight trip.

Probably don't need to tell you not to rush your decision. Ten grand is a lot of money and you don't want to regret your decision a couple months later. Visit several dealers or bike nights and see which bike really speaks to you. Be sure to bring your fiance along too.

I'm sure most anyone who owns any harley loves the one they purchased so I doubt you will regret any decision. I chose a dyna for the simple reason it had been 30 years since I had ridden and just wanted a clean simple great looking bike. Almost 3 years later now, it has proven to be the perfect bike for the riding I do 90% of the time. Mine's the black one. The blue Heritage is my old riding buddy.

Good luck with your decision!

Oh and as far as getting a test drive. Get to know one of the salesmen, let him realize how serious you really are. He will find a way to get you on a bike like the one you wish to own.

Attachments

• 2006 Street Bob.jpg
    2006 Street Bob.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 63
First of all, I would NEVER buy a bike from a dealer that wouldn't let you at least take a short test ride. Ridiculous!

Sounds like a Heritage Softail or a Road King would be perfect for you. Fun every day ride but capable of easily carrying a passenger or going for a weekend overnight trip.

Probably don't need to tell you not to rush your decision. Ten grand is a lot of money and you don't want to regret your decision a couple months later. Visit several dealers or bike nights and see which bike really speaks to you. Be sure to bring your fiance along too.

I originally wanted a softail cause I love the way they look then I started reading things about how good the dynas handling is and is a lighter bike not to mention cheaper but if I could get a softail for the right price I would probably still take that

I'm sure most anyone who owns any harley loves the one they purchased so I doubt you will regret any decision. I chose a dyna for the simple reason it had been 30 years since I had ridden and just wanted a clean simple great looking bike. Almost 3 years later now, it has proven to be the perfect bike for the riding I do 90% of the time. Mine's the black one. The blue Heritage is my old riding buddy.

Good luck with your decision!

Oh and as far as getting a test drive. Get to know one of the salesmen, let him realize how serious you really are. He will find a way to get you on a bike like the one you wish to own.

I like your dyna is nice and I like that it's black I don't know most of the salesman but I know the owners they know my dad well maybe I'll have him talk to him about getting a test ride

Back