free website stats program when parked is your bike in gear or neutral? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

when parked is your bike in gear or neutral?

When parked is your bike in gear or in neutral?

• In Gear

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • In Neutral

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • In gear on incline

Votes: 14 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can imagine the feeling to see your pride and joy lying on it's side, not a good feeling at all.

Sad Boss, My boss at work did not even have the guts to tell me , he sent a younger girl from the office to give me the HAPPY GRAM, but the happy side is I got all my old parts back and sold most of them, I still have a gas tank with one small scratch on the pin stripe:p

When parked, the bike is in first gear, always!! Pull in clutch and shift to neutral before starting, clutch still engaged. I have heard too many stories of bikes rolling after being parked not to leave it in gear.

Should've made this one of those voting posts to get a better tally. Personally, almost always parked in neutral... except on rare occasions when the grade is intimidatingly steep.

Same as most (gear on incline), but got caught parking downhill facing curb once on Street Glide. Cars on both sides so it was about a 15-minute struggling leg workout trying to back bike out of slot. Man these touring bikes are heavy...whew! Never again - always back into parking spots.

Always park in 1st gear, incline or flat. Start in neutral with clutch in, covering back brake, leaving right hand free to work throttle.
Was trained that way because if you did anything else (round here anyway) you'd fail the test.

Buddy of mine parked his bike in nuetral on an incline as we were walking away bike started to roll back on kickstand. Luck would have it we were close enough to catch it before it went in to ditch.:sd

Back