free website stats program when parked is your bike in gear or neutral? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

when parked is your bike in gear or neutral?

When parked is your bike in gear or in neutral?

• In Gear

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • In Neutral

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • In gear on incline

Votes: 14 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
always park in first gear - same as parking brake - start in neutral - clutch in - front brake applied. used to leave in neutral but bike can walk on side stand.

It lessens the drag on the starter.

Hey, thanks for that Glider. I didn't know that. I'm glad I do that anyway.

Another one for neutral in the garage and in-gear everywhere else.

For some reason I never trust the neutral light to be correct. Even with the light lit, I slowly let out on the clutch expecting to move forward. So far the neutral light has never malfunctioned, regardless. I chalk it up to another strange quirk of mine.....Always have the clutch in when starting, for that reason.:p

I'm with you on this all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
When in my garage, parked in neutral. Start it with clutch in and front brake pulled. I slowly let the clutch lever out, just in case the neutral light is wrong.

Any other time, it's parked in 1st, and I'm sitting on the bike (clutch and front brake levers pulled) when I push the start button.

Rear disc is better than the front disk. Should you forget to remove it, you won't get thrown over the bars ,you'll just drag the rear tire.:D

Yeah, like when my bike got hit in the parking lot at work it skidded about 10 feet then fell over:p

Just like the guy on Laugh in.:D

Boss, I was so sick when I saw my bike laying there I did not know what to say, I was shaking so hard I could not pick it up I had to walk away and wait for the tow:(

Back