free website stats program What is your next ride / plan? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your next ride / plan?

walleye

Contributor
Whats next? I am tring to determine my next "real" ride, other than the 50-100 mile wind in my face trip I take advantage of when I can. What do you have planned in the upcoming season? I love to dream of it. Just thinking about rolling on the throttle and having a destination other than my garage at the end of the day makes me crave it. Lets hear what you have in store for yourself you lucky dogs! I can't wait to go.........

Im waiting for all the different rides in bike week here in phoenix arizona!!! Other than that me and my wife are thinking of riding the coast of cali with my family

I do have to work, but I do plan on getting myself a little one man tent, packing up a few things and heading up north. Don't know the destination. Just going to enjoy the ride. Thinking about Sturgis. Maybe take the Ferry. I would love to take the long way around but again, I got to work. I enjoy the ride even if its a 2 mile ride to get some smokes.

Including a few get-togethers of as many HDTimeline members as we can assemble for our trip to Glider's front lawn, where we are going to grill a few fillet mignon steaks for his family, (and burgers for the rest of us.....we're in a tough economy here boys!), as his neighbors look on in horror at the few dozen, (at least!!!), scruffy bikers tossing back brews and acting quite obnoxious in his previously quiet little suburb!

:D Who's in????!

Just let me know when, I should be moved by then :newsmile100:

:D Who's in????

It's a long ride for me but that's part of the fun - I'm in if at all possible!

:cheers

My wife and I have a map of Oregon up on the wall with colored pins in every town we rode through. We just started it last year but that will help us decide our trip routes.
This year we'll have a tent, sleeping bags and a fly rod on board! I missed some fantastic small stream fishing last year.
Other then that, we'll most likely keep our trips short this year. My wife's out of work and it's a bit tight with one income. I'd like to make a run to Yellowstone or my sisters place in Arizona.

I guess my next trip will be next week when I pack everything on my bike and ride to Daytona for bike week. Should be about a 4 hour trip down. Not sure what is after that.

Doc, I'd be right on your way. You'd stop here with your boys from the south in the Atlantic City area to meet with me, leading the Jersey contingent before heading north to Glider.

I think we can get the Ohio and PA boys to come east before heading north, (it's not out of the way for many of them), and so we could maybe have about 20-30 of us as we cross over into New York.

I'm thinking Steve might be able to lead the Northern sector down to Glider and we'd all meet together somewhere outside of town before arriving en masse. Steve is a born leader and will probably assemble another 20-30 guys for his part of the run. (Canada and the great Northeast down to Maine and R.I. and maybe Mass.)

If somebody can bring in the West Coast that would be FANTASTIC!

Any volunteers on that one?

I'd love to get our number up to a hundred. Speaking from experience, there is NOTHING like a HUNDRED or so Harley's roaring into a quiet little neighborhood and parking diagonally up and down both sides of the street a guy lives on.

If we can make this happen, I'd like to do it around May.....nice weather, clear skies, not TOO hot yet, even for the baggers like us.

I know Glider will weigh in soon....I hope he'll approve the run! We'll have to respect his wishes of course, but it sure would be a blast!

What if everyone brought a food item from there region of this great continent? I'll bring Georgia peanuts - for some reason I found a plant down here having a HUGE sale! :s

Living in the flatlands of south jersey,I cant wait to cross the river and do some mountain riding in the Lehigh Valley,upper bucks county,etc.

Back