free website stats program What is your favorite fuel treatment? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your favorite fuel treatment?

What is your favorite Fuel treatment

• Sea Foam

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Stp

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • valvoline

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
It's not needed on a regular basis, depending on how much idle time the bike spends. I would say every 3 or so months to give it some injector cleaner.

Glider,
Man , you learn something every day . I always thought Marvel Mystery Oil
was only for winter storage . What does MMO do as an additive ?
Thanks.
Unk

Unk

It keeps things clean in the fuel like injectors or carb if you have one. In the oil, it is a detergent additive that will keep any buildup in the crank case from becoming a problem. It's more than just for winter lay up.

With the synthetic oils of today, the MMO isn't as important as it was in the past years with the dino oils.
Smitty can tell you about this.

I used it to free up the rings on both my bikes. When I pulled them out of the barn before even attempting to roll them over I let them sit for a week with marvels in the cylinders. I had no problems starting the fxrs and hopefully I will have no problems starting the sportster when it becomes time to try.

Its still a Mystery to me:D I have never used it, but its older than me:s I can see how it would lube the carb and keep things a little smother in there!

I might try it someday?

I will only use Red Line Motorcycle Gas Treatment. I use it every 3 months in my Harley and my Sportbike.

:skipping

This is all new to me. I come from owning a VTX 1300 S model, and I know one the VTXOA Forum, gas treatments was a no no in the VTX 1300. So I figure that gas treatments or additives were not to be used in any motorcycles because the way they are built. Is this not ture for Harley's?

Fuel treatments in almost any internal combustion engine are OK if used properly and not over done.

Well I see alot of people use the Sea Foam. What is sea foam, and where can you get it? I myself have never heard of it. Now STP and Lucas I have seen, but redline and this other stuff is new to me. I have seen this stuff call power booster at my loacl bike shop, but the Sea Foam and other stuff is new to me.

I know that Marathon uses STP in their gas at the pump, and Chevon uses Techon in their gas. Would that not be the same? or is that different.

Sea foam is usually available in marine supply stores and works well.

Here's a bit more info on it.
I've heard people say that if you put your ear to the empty can, you can hear the ocean. :D

Sea Foam

We find Sea Foam at the local Advanced Auto. I haven't looked anywhere else for it, (this is close to the house). It is in a white can with red letters. I'd get a pic, but I gave my camera to my niece after hers was stolen. Actually, the can looks a little generic, but the stuff seems to work well.

Back