free website stats program What is a "biker" | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is a "biker"

Seems pretty obvious to me that everyone on this site will have a pretty similar definition of a Biker.

Visit one of the rougher sites and it will be much diferent.

Visit an anti motorcycle site and it will be to the other extreme.

Biker?

When I'm referred to as a biker I take it in the context it was given and by whom it was given. Then go from there...

Glider,

A few posts back you referred to a 5 foot person thinking he was 8 foot and bad. My mother, God rest her beautiful soul, was 4'11 "and a half!!". My dad was 6'1". Know who toed the line? LOL

Got my hand slapped here once. I could leave or go by the rules.

thanx for a great forum and ride safe

twoup (still post'n)

I believe there is a difference in a Biker and a Rider, A Biker is the Rough Rowdy Type that we all know of in these Gangs and I am not one of them, I consider Myself more of a Rider because I Love the Open Road and getting out there and Enjoying it with others who Enjoy the same thing. You do not have to be have to be the Rough Rowdy type who Drinks and Cusses all the Time, That is not what it is about!

My non-riding friends use the term "biker" to affectionately ease me. They also use it to show that they are a little envious that I have the time and the ability to ride a lot.

I am about as far from the stereotypical biker as one can be. I don't have any tattoos, I don't have a beard, I don't wear leathers, I don't have long hair, I've never been arrested, and I don't drink while I'm riding. I even ride my Goldwing now and then. And, I rarely swear while talking and never swear in writing. I was also a professional in a field where rules were paramount and I knew how to interpret and follow them.

The rules for this forum are very simple. I've been a poster on other boards where the flaming and the cursing were unregulated. The more the swearing increased, the more the useful information declined. Keep up the good work, Glider.

This forum seems to be mostly made up of riders, that is, people who are bike enthusiasts. Prior to joining this site, I frequented another Harley site that is made of the "biker" types and "biker" wanna-bes. There are many posts on that site that bash the non-biker types by calling them posers and use rough language to make their point. When I stumbled upon this site I immediately noticed the difference and no longer waste my time on the other site.

I would rather read educational posts that help me with bike maintenance as opposed to ridiculing people for wearing fingerless gloves and/or chaps.

IMO it shows very poor character to ridicule people on the net. I think I know of where you speak. Some of those posts are a bit over the edge any way and bring out the worst in people but there's still no excuse for rudeness or flaming. Everyone has to start somewhere, just think about what you are posting before posting it and see if it would be a smart topic to discuss.

thats incredible - the amount of miles on that motor without rebuilding the bottom end is absolutley incredible

I've been following these folks for about 3 yrs.. There whole story is incredible. I especially like their slogan, "The world is too big a place to ride the same road twice."

bike2.jpg

I read through their story for the first time a few months ago,I think someone here on the forum brought it up,but I'm not sure:small3d019:

Well said Glider!

I'm amused when someone calls me a "biker" since I'm 5'5 and don't look like I could pick my sporty up off the kickstand, let alone pick it up out of the dirt. Again, it's all in the context of the conversation. But when the 'stereotypical biker' just assumes that I'm a passenger, I very much enjoy correcting him and seeing his jaw just about hit the floor. :small3d005:

Back