free website stats program What is a "biker" | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is a "biker"

I would just like to say, most people who know me consider me a "Biker". Most people who don't me probably think I'm a "Biker". I like to ride, I go on runs, I own a Harley, and a Honda. I've been riding since I was about 20 when I got my first bike that I had to rebuild to ride it.
I just consider myself a "Person". I don't really care what people who don't know me think of me because the people who do know me are who matter. I drink, I smoke, I cuss, I like to eat good food and have a good time.
With all that said, I also know how to follow rules and don't think I've ever needed a warning for my language on here. I mean, come on, how hard is it to "not cuss" when your typing? I can see when your talking, some times things just come out but typing, really? And what's with all the rebellion? I learned along time ago that's no way to get what you want.
It's called growing up, and has nothing to with being a "Biker"

I started a little late in life to be a "biker". By that I mean, I never owned before 2006 and I am 51 years old. My Dad always stated " You'll kill urself on that blank-blank thing" . Well, sorry pops, but that ain't happening...what has happened is I am Living and Riding on that "thing", catching up on what I have been missing for all these years and I am a "motorcyclist". Sure I cuss when something goes wrong, but as stated by a few on here, why cuss when your typing? Must have a short vocab I recon.

Just had to put my two cents in.

2006 Street Glide:panic

I never quite understood the need for profanity as a means of being understood. Maybe it's part of what our culture has become. As a kid growing up, I watched Jack Benny, Milton Berle, Ernie Kovacs, Red Skelton and others, and there was never a mention of a cuss word in their routines and these folks were funny! Today's modern comics have their acts interspersed with four letter words in each sentence. Go figure?

Complicated question. Too hard for me to answer.......way too many variables.

Regarding language. IMO waaaaaaay too much time spent on the subject. Guess I'm kinda black/white on this one. Foul language is not allowed on this forum. That's REAL simple to understand. If you can't express yourself without using foul language this isn't the forum for you. Why be surprised, mad, or insulted if you use bad language and are called out for doing so???? Use a forum you are comfortable with if cussing is part of the way you express yourself.....there is no shortage of forums to chose from.

I'm no angel, my day-to-day language isn't always what it should be. But, I don't find it hard to keep it clean when putting something on the forum. Showing some respect for the rules of this forum isn't hard to do.

If there was a law passed that stated you couldn't ride a bike unless you acted like the
"stereotypical biker" my bike would be for sale.

Yep, I tried them too but don't feel comfortable on them.:D I prefer something that GOES when you give it the gas.

I have very similar views with Smitty. I as well don't drink, don't do drugs. Don't have any tattoos or other body augmentations. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that it is just not my thing.
I am married to an amazing woman, have 2 beautiful little girls and love all three of them to death.
Although, it took me 38 years to get my Harley, I cherish every moment of it. I absolutely love riding and ride even in winter no matter how cold it is. As long as it is not raining or snowing - I am riding. Alone or with friends - I am riding. I love the feeling, I love the fellowship, I never pass an opportunity to salute a fellow rider and I do not discriminate against other bikes whether it is a street bike or a vespa. Am I a "biker"? No idea. When people ask me I tell them I am a motorcyclist. Let me be perfectly straight here, I work in construction and not a stranger to a strong word or two. Have no problem with it either. What I do have a problem with is people having need to parade profanity in online public forum where the rules state clear as day "No foul language allowed". How hard is it to follow a simple rule?

Yep, I tried them too but don't feel comfortable on them.:D I prefer something that GOES when you give it the gas.

Take my nephews KTM 950 for a ride then,it trys to knock you off the seat!

Back