free website stats program What does your HD cost you? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What does your HD cost you?

I was talking to a friend and he and I both kind of agreed that it cost us roughly about $1000.00 a year to run. i accept that because unlike the guys that I work with I don't have a $350.00 truck payment for 60 months! With no car payment I can justify the motorcycle expense. The bike I love, the car, well it's just a car to me with heat, a.c. a radio & 4 wheel drive, I'm good! :s
BTW, it's just a Honda CRV. A very dependable CRV I might add. I don't like "money pits". :D

Hardwood flooring ~$2500
Deck ~ $2000+

So far I've been able to talk the wife out of remodeling the kitchen. Too many summer projects just get in the way of riding.:p

I guess I'm lucky. My wife never complains about the money I spend on the bike. Actually, she never even asks so she really doesn't know. The only problem I have out of her is she complains that I spend too much time on the bike and not enough with her. I always invite her to come along but she always says she has other things to do...So how is it my fault that we don't spend enough time together?

Hardwood flooring ~$2500
Deck ~ $2000+

So far I've been able to talk the wife out of remodeling the kitchen. Too many summer projects just get in the way of riding.:p

Good thing you talked her out of remodeling the kitchen. The last kitchen my lovely Wife remodeled 6 months later we moved and she has been wanting a new kitchen again in the new house for the last 3 years. I gave in................ she took my paid off car and got herself a convertable.....:laugh:laugh

Kitchen???..............I think the only reason we have one is because it came with the house:p

If she happened to read this, I'd be dead:bigsmiley25:

Kitchen???..............I think the only reason we have one is because it came with the house:p

If she happened to read this, I'd be dead:bigsmiley25:

I am probably going to get smacked for this, but i keep asking is the food going taste any better!!!!! :):)

Well, since all the "layers" of mods (performance, comfort & *bling*) being done already, routine maintenance chores, consumables and insurance make up the bulk of the costs for the bikes these day.

One could say that the costs are comparable to a car, as I am dividing the daily driving duty between the motorcycle or scoot (the truck is "under cover") I use it for hauling "stuff" or in inclement weather...the "cute ute" is my gals daily driver!

Cost me.....319 payments...2000 in extra parts so far......And just the normal stuff oil exc....But hay ...The truck I want some day will be a 500 payment...I dont drink, smoke, or do much but work...Im very lucky my wife has no problem with aneything I do ...She is not one to spend much.... Im a lucky guy..:)..What Im going to say next may sound funny......I love the wife:)...

Back