What does your HD cost you?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bigbubba402, Jul 15, 2011.

1. bigbubba402

bigbubba402 Active Member

I enjoy my Harley so much however it cost me a fortune yes i like to get extra's for my scoot but then my wife says well you have the harley so i need??????? I am now in the process of installing a hot tub.I don't get it she like's the scoot too! Oh well just thought i would see if anyone else has issues like this.(yes i plan on using the hot tub when it is snowing and i can't ride the scoot):newsmile093:

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Ha...definitely an expensive hobby, but well worth the cost of ownership. Luckily my wife's not a "match for match" kind of gal & she lets me run the books. Sneak a few trinkets in once & awhile...;)

3. FLHTrider08

FLHTrider08 Active Member Contributor

The job I have now pays about half what it did when I bought my Harley so I notice the extra costs that Harley ownership entails more now. I'm going to start trying to do my own service work, with a manual of course, with help from my Dad who works on his Ultra. I ride it more now than I did when I first bought it and enjoy it much more too. They're not an inexpensive thing to own, but the community that goes along with them is well worth it.

4. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

I don't know what it costs me..................I travel for work quite a bit, but I do know I come home from trips and see new stuff all the time.

Where did that come from I ask?.......Oh I've had had that for a while is usually her reply.

Yeah, for about 20 minutes since you got home with it:D

I can't complain because sometimes I come home to something for me or my scoot:s

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

My HD does not cost me any more than owning my old scoots. I will say that I do remember when motorcycles were cheap to keep. Now a days they are almost as expensive as cars used to be... You know $325.00 for tires, $52.00 per brake pad set times 3 etc etc etc......:laugh:laugh:laugh
    Just a sign of the times...

6. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

It's like airplanes,boats,guns and women I try not to think about it.....

7. Markk9

Markk9 Member

I use my bikes as my primary mode of transportation, so they really don't cost any more than a car.

8. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

I mean really...what is the price of tranquility?

9. glazier

glazier Junior Member

About $30 a bottle. :D

Attached Files:

10. martin14

martin14 Active Member

yummy :)

My wife has her own bike, so now I pay for two !