free website stats program What does your HD cost you? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What does your HD cost you?

Tough question to answer, as I do not own a car. The Redhead does not question anything I do to my bike tho I do try to keep it simple:s

Like the old biker said when asked where all his money went . . . ."Well, some went for the bike, some spent on whiskey, some on women. The rest I just wasted."

Cost me.....319 payments...2000 in extra parts so far......And just the normal stuff oil exc....But hay ...The truck I want some day will be a 500 payment...I dont drink, smoke, or do much but work...Im very lucky my wife has no problem with aneything I do ...She is not one to spend much.... Im a lucky guy..:)..What Im going to say next may sound funny......I love the wife:)...

Here here!! My costs so far have been basically the aquiring of the bike and basic maint. I am now being given the green light to get a Zanotti's max-flo, and next month I get Dobecks and my slip-ons. Wife is good, the trade off...we are adopting...lol not really a tradeoff but that is what I tell everybody, She gets a kid, I get the bike...I also say I found our son-to-be on ebay for $43.00.:bigsmiley11:

Here here!! My costs so far have been basically the aquiring of the bike and basic maint. I am now being given the green light to get a Zanotti's max-flo, and next month I get Dobecks and my slip-ons. Wife is good, the trade off...we are adopting...lol not really a tradeoff but that is what I tell everybody, She gets a kid, I get the bike...I also say I found our son-to-be on ebay for $43.00.:bigsmiley11:

Hay..Thats not bad at all..:)..Sounds like things are all good at your house...43 dallorsis a great by...Adopting is fair deal.:D..

She rolled her eyes when I started building my "Hog Shed".
She really rolled her eyes when I told it was going to heated!
When I ran cable tv out there she just stared, you know the look.
Haven't told about ice box yet.
I might have to bolt fold down cot if I keep going!
...and yes it's worth it...just for the AHHHH feeling when I take off down the road!
wilks3
:USA

just whay the name implies HD = Hundreds of Dollars. sometimes bling sometimes maintenance sometimes the OL's shopping spree at the dealer to keep her happy.
patrick

I haven't done all the math yet, that's one of those "roundtwoit" kind of things. It feels like I'm spending a FORTUNE in gas for the bike.

In the Truck, I might spend $50 to $60 a week. That's to and from work for 5 days and 2 days goofing off, when it's too cold for me to ride.

Now that the warmer weather is here I've been riding the bike to and from work. BUT!, on my weekend I'll ride for much longer and much farther than the truck. I'll have to fill the bike tank a few times a week. At current gas prices that's $20 per tank. It's common to fill the bike at least 3 times per 7 days.

Don't misunderstand, I rather be on the bike. As far as the cost goes...I really don't care.

Now the weekend is coming up for me...Where did I put those maps...?

I couldn't agree more, the cost is worth it. Now that I have my new 2011 FLHTK, the Dyna went to my wife, so in a sense I have 2 bikes, but she gets to "drive" and is happy with that. She is happy, I am happy.

Plus with the new bike she can ride with no problems. The Dyna was tough on her to ride. She couldn't see forward, I'm 6'5", so always looking to the side and made for some "bike sickness", so all is good now.

Back