free website stats program To buy or not to buy? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

To buy or not to buy?

Alrighty, guys. I did it. Picked up a brand spanking new vivid black Heritage Softail. Rode it home Tuesday. After a year of owning that Star Bolt, I'd forgotten what it was like to really LOVE your motorcycle. I've managed to find a reason to ride her everyday so far. Harley quality, fit and finish is just unbeatable. This bike has me smiling the whole time. Wife rode on the back to dinner the other night, says the bike is comfortable. I'll probably be doing a few mods :), I know I want the removable passenger seat/back rest set up. Think the bike would look nice as a bobber. Anyway, see you guys on the Softail forum!!

Great news Mark
Use these guys for parts orders 99.00 and more, free shipping and NO tax, they are all I use now
http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline.com/
Put your part number in the search engine and compare the prices to the P&A catalog you are going to be surprised

I thought one of the new features was that the seat back was removable? Anywho,congrats! after lowering the cost by a grand they are a great deal.Ditch the windshield and bags,and you've got a Deluxe!

I thought one of the new features was that the seat back was removable? Anywho,congrats! after lowering the cost by a grand they are a great deal.Ditch the windshield and bags,and you've got a Deluxe!
Just read where the passenger seat is removable. Great news! Salesman didn't tell me that. Even better.

Great news Mark
Use these guys for parts orders 99.00 and more, free shipping and NO tax, they are all I use now
http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline.com/
Put your part number in the search engine and compare the prices to the P&A catalog you are going to be surprised
Thanks, Jack, I'll keep this link handy. Looking for a service manual now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean we will see you back at Salt Springs?

Its funny how a one motorcycle versus another becomes so liked. I say its the character the big Harleys have.
Congrats on the new steed.;)

Thanks, Jack, I just bought an online copy for 10.00. Printed it out and I'm good to go, plus I have a copy on thumb drive.

Does this mean we will see you back at Salt Springs?
Very likely, Don. I'll load the bike into the bed of truck, hook up camper and we'll be there. Is it still in February?

Its funny how a one motorcycle versus another becomes so liked. I say its the character the big Harleys have.
Congrats on the new steed.;)
I think the same thing. That Yamaha was a good bike for some, but I HATED riding it. Threw my leg over this Harley and I was in love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very likely, Don. I'll load the bike into the bed of truck, hook up camper and we'll be there. Is it still in February?
It will be good to see you and the wife back at the event. It's still somewhere around Feb. or first part of March. We had great weather at the last one and we held it about the same time as Bike Week. If we are going to have it about the same time next year we need to settle on a date so all the cabins aren't taken. Congrats on the Heritage!!!

Back