free website stats program To buy or not to buy? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

To buy or not to buy?

Everyone has to decide what to ride, this is such a personal decision. I would not let what someone else thought I looked like get in the way of something I like. Your asking tells me you have some reservations about this style bike. As was said earlier a short ride won't tell you much but you have ridden before and you know better than anyone how you want to feel before you get on, while you're riding and after the ride. See if you can rent one for a day and test the "fun" factor and after the ride how you feel physically. I really think you will end up with a touring bike just based on what you were riding when you stopped. Spend a little cash and rent several models. The right one will "talk" to you.

Great advice here!

A sporster is alot of fun, but it aint no big twin. Go ride it and ride a couple of Dynas too

Alright, after sleeping on it and letting the thrill fade, I've decided the Roadster is just too small. I'm now looking at either a Street Bob or a Fat Bob. Thinking either one of these will fit the bill. It's been awhile since I've been on this forum, I'm glad to see you guys still have a sense of humor and can still give good advice.

The best compromise would be to have one of each model and take your pick daily depending on how you feel it is really easy to spend someone else's money
I had a touring bike once a BMW R100 RT when I bought the sportster the BMW stayed in the shed I rode the sportster all round this country and around northern Europe whilst the BMW stayed in the shed
I personally will never bother with another touring bike just too big and cumbersome and I would never chose the dyna over the softail or sportster however my choices fit my wants and needs and roads in my area

Brian

Alright, after sleeping on it and letting the thrill fade, I've decided the Roadster is just too small. I'm now looking at either a Street Bob or a Fat Bob. Thinking either one of these will fit the bill. It's been awhile since I've been on this forum, I'm glad to see you guys still have a sense of humor and can still give good advice.
Now you are heading in the right direction....... Best to you!!!!!;)

Harley has a customization plan,you can order forward controls from the factory on a street bob,different handlebars,ect.I sat on a sportster 72,and the mini apes and forward controls made it comfy.But the seat is tiny,and the 2 gal. tank........

Back