free website stats program To buy or not to buy? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

To buy or not to buy?

A stock Streetbob can be 2 up easy with a new seat and rear pegs

UPDATE: After speaking with the wife, she surprised me and said she missed our weekend bike trips to the beach and wants something bigger (this is probably the ONLY time a man wants to hear that from his wife) :). So off we went to Lakeland HD and she's decided she likes the Softail Heritage Classic. I've never been a fan of the bike because of the leather saddle bags but, after riding the bike, I've changed my overall opinion. That counter balanced 103B is nice, the bike rides smooth and the low seat height makes for great handling. I interview for a job at Lazydays on July 26, if that goes as I expect you guys will see me on the Softail forums a lot!! I was pleasantly surprised that she wants to ride again and am excited about it. I have a question and, of course, the salesman didn't know. What makes a 103 "high output" and what's different about the "B" variant? looking forward to replies.

UPDATE: After speaking with the wife, she surprised me and said she missed our weekend bike trips to the beach and wants something bigger (this is probably the ONLY time a man wants to hear that from his wife) :). So off we went to Lakeland HD and she's decided she likes the Softail Heritage Classic. I've never been a fan of the bike because of the leather saddle bags but, after riding the bike, I've changed my overall opinion. That counter balanced 103B is nice, the bike rides smooth and the low seat height makes for great handling. I interview for a job at Lazydays on July 26, if that goes as I expect you guys will see me on the Softail forums a lot!! I was pleasantly surprised that she wants to ride again and am excited about it. I have a question and, of course, the salesman didn't know. What makes a 103 "high output" and what's different about the "B" variant? looking forward to replies.
A bump in compression to 9.7 and different cams made the change on the HO 103, the B engine has the counter balance's for the softail line to smooth them out

Jack, have there been any issues with the pressed crankshaft on these stronger engines? I kept my FLHTC stock because of that issue.

I was going to suggest you try a Heritage. If you do get one, I would recommend putting in the Saggy Bags kit. I put them in right after my bike was new and the bags still look like new. The shape hasn't changed at all and my bike's an 09. The newer you put the kit in, the easier it is to do, not a big job at all. ;)

Remember, if you wanted the Sporty because of the 0.9 financing,when the 2017's come out,shortly thereafter 0.9 will be on most bikes(Softy).

I was going to suggest you try a Heritage. If you do get one, I would recommend putting in the Saggy Bags kit. I put them in right after my bike was new and the bags still look like new. The shape hasn't changed at all and my bike's an 09. The newer you put the kit in, the easier it is to do, not a big job at all. ;)
They are coming stock with bag supports now. that was one thing the salesman mentioned.

Remember, if you wanted the Sporty because of the 0.9 financing,when the 2017's come out,shortly thereafter 0.9 will be on most bikes(Softy).
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. good rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your high output engine has more horsepower and torque then the reg. 103. Plus you get cruise which I don't have on my 13 heritage.

Jack, have there been any issues with the pressed crankshaft on these stronger engines? I kept my FLHTC stock because of that issue.
Dont know the answer to that, IMO The MOCO made a huge mistake here, but it saved them big bucks, I think most of the problems have gone away since 07

Them Wives can be so nice sometimes........:D
Is there a kitchen remodel in the near future??????

Back