free website stats program The new Indian, history may finally repeat itself this time | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

The new Indian, history may finally repeat itself this time

Went to the demo rides for the 2014 Indians in Sturgis Monday. Planned to get the Chieftain but lost out to a Vintage. Nice ride and noticeable 119 ft-lbs of torgue! You're right about HD getting some competion. I like my ride! BUT!!!

Had demo rides this past weekend in my area for the new Indians. I will say they look nice and have some really neat additions. The engine is smooth and powerful and I like the look. Vintage looks good and I compared it to my recent Heritage purchase a few months back and I still prefer the quality of the Harley and the smooth ride of my Heritage. Indians look like they have some quality parts. Quite a few people buying the Indians. You just have to put money down and get on the waiting list. Dealership was rocking and lots of interest. Overall, I would have concerns about the number of dealerships available and service if you had any mechanical related issues. IMO you can see some of the victory look in the new Indians. Good for the motorcycle industry for competition though.

Saw a couple on the Barret-Jackson auto auction the other night the guy doing the piece on them said something about a price of 43K? That kind of number wont exactly start a mad rush of customers to their door.

I wonder what market share Victory has in comparison to HD.

Polaris doesn't release the actual number of Victory bikes sold only total dollar amounts. It is estimated that up until 2009 they sold 6-10K bikes per year depending on the year/economy. In 2009 on the 10 year anniversary they admitted to selling approximately 100,000 bikes. Since the release of the Cross Roads/Cross Country bagger models the sales have gone up to 10-15K per year. I think Indian will eat into Victorys market share as the Victory bagger riders will jump to the Indian Chieftain.

Saw a couple on the Barret-Jackson auto auction the other night the guy doing the piece on them said something about a price of 43K? That kind of number wont exactly start a mad rush of customers to their door.

Those are the Kings Mountain Indians the new Polaris Indian is $19,000-25,000 range.

I guess I am the only one that hates the look of the Indian.If You want a bike that looks like it is from the 40's.It is just a glorified Victory. I did the Victory challenge and bought 2 Harleys since.
I am not impressed!:p

Back